Chapter 1

Finally, I got to move to California. The names Destinee by the way, Destinee Hampton. So I just moved here to California from Michigan. I have always wanted to live here and now I finally can. At the moment I'm calmly walking around, and it's kinda dark, but whatever.

As I walk I hear the sound of breaks creaking next to me. "Hey babe,want a ride? Maybe back to my place?" A guy who looked about 30, with a scruffy looking beard asked me. I started to walk faster but as I do so, the car starts to follow me as I'm walking. Next thing I know I hear it stop. I turn around and no one is in the car. Oh no. then I get grabbed by someone. "Ahhhhh!!!" I scream but he covers my mouth. I bite his hand and kick behind me. And I apparently got the bullseye because he's on his knees. I didn't know where I was going. All I knew now was that I needed to run.

I bolt away and I get a pretty fair distance before I hear the guy get in his car. I picked up my speed. I was sort of out of breath but I needed to keep running. Gosh why didn't I stay fit? I see a house that was lit up and rushed to their doorstep and banged on the door. "Help!!!" I yell. I then hear locks coming undone and the door opens. I didn't care who it was I just needed to get in. So I just ran in, out of breath. "Uhh hi?" A cute guy with brown spiked up hair says to me. He also seemed to have a look of concern and confusion on his face. I catch my breath and tell him, "hi, I'm Destinee. Destinee New. And you just saved my life."

He has a look of shock on his face. "Wait what?" He questions me. "You just saved my life. There was a guy chasing me for who knows what reason and you opened your door, and I ran in. So basically, you saved my life. And I know he's probably still around." I tell him as I move to look out the window through the blinds. "So what's your name?" I ask him turning to face him. "Cameron." He seemed pretty cool. He was cute, that's for sure. But I'm still not quite sure about him....

"Oh." I say and laugh a little. We stand there for about a minute quietly. "Sooo.. where are you from?" He breaks the silence. "To be honest, I don't really know. I don't exactly know where my house actually is. And my phone is dead.." I tell him. "Well, If you want to, you're welcome to stay here for the night. By the way, how old are you?"

"16." I answer "Oh, I'm 17. Who knows maybe we can be friends." I'm not exactly sure what he means by this but I think we could be friends too. "Sooo.... if I'm staying here, where am I gonna sleep?" I questioned. "Oh, well.. my parents are going to be home soon so perhaps if you wanted to, you could sleep in my room because we only have 2 bedrooms."

"Alright" I tell him. I admire the coziness and safeness I feel here. But one thing I do hope, is that Cameron won't be like every other person I've met. Everyone I've met in my life so far, just uses me. So I'm glad I moved here. Maybe I could get a fresh start. "Sooo.... I was just gonna watch a movie before you got here but I guess we don't have to do that. How about you tell me about yourself?" He takes me from my thoughts. "Oh there isn't much to know. I have a pretty boring life." I respond. "Oh there has to be something interesting in your life. Everyone has a but of pizazz." He laughs a bit.

I really have never had anything interesting happen in my life. Every friend, used me for my money. And every boyfriend I've had has just wanted me for sex or to get to my other friends. This is one reason I have problems trusting people. I look down and Cameron notices "Okay I'm sorry If I brought back any memories. But don't worry you will be okay as long as you're with me."

"Well that's good to know." I tell him. And he smiles and stands up. "Okay I'm going to get some food, if you want soemthing to eat." He tells me. I think for a bit and now that I actually think about it, I am hungry. "Yeah." I say in response. He leads me to the kitchen and starts to get out cereal and milk along with 2 bowls. "Cereal huh? How fancy." I say and laugh. "Yeahhh, I'm not all that good at cooking.." He explains. "Me neither.." We just kinda stare at eachother for a minute before we start laughing.

I watch as he poors the cereal. And from the looks of it he's quite a cluts because he somehow got milk on his shirt. He sighed and he decided to take off his shirt. I honestly couldn't help but stare at his abs. Wow he was a fine boy. "You done checking me out?" He laughs. I guess he noticed me staring. But I really couldn't help it. I laugh as well. "Sorry I couldn't help it. And to be honest, you're not all that ugly soo.." I say. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asks getting closer to me. I feel my face starting to get hot. Ugh why am I getting nervous around him? I'm not supposed to get close to anyone like this.

"Umm nothing." I say uncomfortably and step away. I grab my bowl of cereal and go and sit on his couch. "Whatever you say." He laughs. "And you're not ugly either if that's how were saying it." He laughs again. "Oh really? I think you have it all wrong." I try telling him. "No I'm telling the complete truth. I don't care what you say but it's not gonna change how I feel about you."

. .
Hey guys, I'm kaylea and so I'm writing this story.. and I hope this first chapter was good :) Let me know how it is.

More current update:

Hey guys, so I started writing this over a year ago and I just decided I wanted to keep it going 😂 so the beginning is really bad but it does get way better ❤️