Chapter 2

ROSE'S POV

I awoke to tapping on not only my window but my door as well. Hugo walked as I let the tawny owl with white spots in, he was holding my Hogwarts letter, the owl that is. Hugo had his.

"Hurry up you slow poke, open your letter."

He said grabbing my letter from the owl.

"I'm a Prefect."

I said like it was no big deal. I figured I would be, considering I have my mother's brains, both my uncle's and father's quiditch skills (inherited and taught), and I'm well behaved unlike most of my cousins.

"You say that like-"Then before I knew it another owl flew in, swooped down and plucked a strand of my hair off my hair. This one solid black with green eyes.

"Albus Severus Potter! How many times have I told you not to do that?"

I said in mock anger. Albus, James, Lily and I are unregistered animagi, currently teaching Hugo. He quickly changed back before my mum came and asked what was going on.

"You have told me several times, I just think it's funny." I glare at him, he thinks he's all high and mighty because he's a natural, but he's not. I am a red and white spotted peacock with large blue eyes. Lily is a red-brown doe with grey spots around her back and brown eyes. And James is a black leopard with hazel brown eyes, probably the only soft looking thing on him. We think that Hugo might be a sort of wolf we aren't sure, because his patronus keep changing into different wolves. But he is close to finishing his lessons and then we will see.

"Hey, I'm hungry." Hugo said as-matter-of-factly.

"Of course you are!" Albus and I say at once.

"Let's go downstairs, I think mum is making lunch.We race down the stairs to see ham and cheese sandwiches along with potato chips and vegetables.

"Hi Rose, Hugo, Al-. Albus when did you get here?" Mum asked quickly realizing a teenager appeared out of nowhere.'Bloody Hell' I thought.

"I came in through the back." Albus came up with quickly.

"Oh, okay. Are you kids hungry?"

"Yep." Hugo replied.

"You and your father's appetite. I'm surprised you sister isn't hungry."

"Who said I wasn't?" I almost snapped.Mum laughed.

"Alright, alright. Get a sandwich and eat.

" We grabbed our lunch and went to the table.

"Hey, did you guys get your letters yet?" Mum asked walking in.

"Yes, Albus and I are prefects."

"Oh that's good, now eat 'cause then we'll go to Diagon Alley." We all finished eating. I went upstairs, changed and then we flooed to Diagon Alley.