Chapter 11

ROSE'S POV

I was walking to combined potions with Slytherin when the smell of cinnamon hit me. Don't get me wrong, I love cinnamon, just not a lot of it at once. So now I'm wondering what we are doing today.

I walked in and once again was bombarded with the same smell. Everyone was talking bout something that they smelled, and then I knew what we were doing, but I needed to be sure.

"Alright class, settle down now." Professor Slughorn still teaches, though you would think he would get sick of it, but no.

"Can someone tell me what the potion up front is?"

I looked, and sure enough, it was the pink milky color of-

"Amortentia, sir. World's strongest love potion." Gabby, Mads, and I said. All at the same time actually. Ah, the power of friendship.

"Very good. Five points each to whichever house you're in." All of the professors gave up on trying to remember which house our group is separated into. So they'll just say whichever house your in. I find quite amusing actually.

"I will pair you up, and you are to make amortentia and present to the class what you smell."

Some of the class groaned, while the rest just waited to be paired.

Now Slughorn pretends to not keep up with the whole who's with who. But I can see right through it, for he keeps matching couples together. Examples:

Gabby and James (They aren't even supposed to be here but Gabby is advanced and James, sadly, isn't)

Maddie and Dave (Maddie is advanced as well)

Dom wasn't in this class, so I got paired with the one and only, Scorpius Malfoy.

I'm still not entirely over the fact that he wants to enter the tournament, but he wants to prove that he can do things on his own, so I won't hold him back. Or will I? I was beginning to question myself. I stopped when I heard the word 'Begin' being uttered by Slughorn.

Scorp came over with his cauldron and I left to the supply closet. We worked quickly and before I knew it, we were done. Slughorn came over and took a look and asked what we smelled. I dipped my head down, taking a whiff.

Pine needles, apples, and cinnamon.

Okay, obviously I can't smell anything over Scorp's cologne, so I'll ask him to take a step back. That might work.

"Scorp, could you please take a few steps back?" He had a puzzled look on his face, but did what I asked.

I did the same thing I did a minute ago, smelling the same thing. Weird.

"Pine needles, apples, and cinnamon. Though, that's the same as Scorp's cologne..." I answered, whispering the last part. Then it dawned on me. 

I felt the color drain from my face. I knew I couldn't figure out if I liked him or not. But this is totally different.

I am in love with the Scorpius Malfoy.

SCORPIUS' POV

"Scorp, could you please take a few steps back?" I was confused, but did so anyways.

She bent down and smelled the potion and mumbled "Pine needles, apples, and cinnamon..." She said something else but I couldn't hear it.

"Very good." Slughorn wrote down something and turned to me. "Could you tell me what you smell?"

I walked over and smelled the potion. "Rose perfume, mint, and chocolate. Odd." That's what Rose wears... NO!

I could feel myself tense up and heard Slughorn snicker. Does he know?

I once read that amortentia can show your true love. I mean I like Rose, like really like her, but love? I'm not sure.

Could I be in love with Rose Weasley?

*****

Hey! Okay, short chapter, WHY AUTHORS WHY?! But this is a build up to what is really coming so...

Vote!
Comment!
Share!

See ya,
~Maddie

Haii ~ GG