Chapter 17

*Mild Language*

Gabby's POV

****

I had been up in my room all day until headmistress had called us down. Maddie and I are worried. We've been skipping every other class and asking Scorp or Rose for notes. I honestly don't understand why we can't do something, anything other than this task. Tonight, after dinner we find out who is going to be put in the arena. I honestly think something bad is going to happen.

***SKIPS OF THE TIME***

It's already dinner and I can't eat, neither can Maddie. We just sit there pushing the food around the plate. I hear Maddie sigh and push her plate across the table. I look across the table at Rose and she smiles at me. I smile and I put my head on James' shoulder.

"You okay?" I sigh and nod my head because I honestly don't feel like talking. He wraps his arm around me and I close my eyes. I hear headmistress clear throat like she usually does when she gets ready to make an announcement. Everyone turns to look at her.

"If you are an animagus, werewolf or are able to get into contact with anyone who is able to donate a beast that we can use for this tournament, please come to my office as soon as you are done eating. Thank you." I turned to Maddie and she is already getting up. I sit up and give the rest of my chicken to James.

"I'll see you guys later." They nod. So I get up and start walking. Then I feel my arm being tugged. I turn to see James, making me feel even shorter. I mean really? How in the fucking hell do you get that tall and why the hell is he taking off his hoodie?

"It'll be cold in headmistress's office." He then shoved my head into the hoodie and then pulled the hoodie down so my head popped out. I smiled and put my arms through the holes. He smiled back and hugged me. I hugged back for a few moments until I heard people making catcalls and wolf whistle at us.

"I have to go, I'll see you later." He nodded and I ran out of the great hall and up to Headmistress's office. It took about five minutes to get up to the office. I opened the door and only Maddie was there. I went to stand by Maddie. Then after a few minutes, I hear people coming in and making a line. Headmistress then stood up.

"For those of you who are an animagus or werewolf please stand over there." She pointed to the back of the room. I went to go move with some other people, but a hand on my arm stopped me. "For those of you who are able to contact someone, stand over there by the door," A few people moved. "And those of you who don't wish anybody to know please wait outside and I will call you in one at a time." I went outside with Maddie. Why has the tournament become like this? I've read a lot about it, and none have been this vicious. Using other students as part of the tasks. What the Hell? There was the sound of a crash and I turned and saw that Maddie was on the floor, having a panic attack. I could only imagine what was going on inside her head at this moment.

"Hey, it'll be alright. I'm right here, okay? Do you want to go in together?" She hesitated, then nodded. I didn't know how else to comfort her. How else are you supposed to support your best friend? A while later, Headmistress called us in.

"Come in girls. I just need to ask some questions, then you can ask me anything that you may have questions about, okay?" She looked genuinely concerned about our well being. She reached over and grabbed a pad of paper and a quill. "Maddie, I'll start with you okay?" Maddie, who was watching Fawkes, turned towards Headmistress and nodded.

"Full name?"

"Madison Nicole Zabini."

"Year and age?"

"Fifth year. Sixteen."

"Beast?"

"Were- uh." She stopped for a second and began again. "Werewolf-Veela hybrid."

"Okay, two more. Age turned?"

"Seven."

"Can you control yourself and if so, how?"

"Yes, I can. Healers believe it is because of the Veela blood that I'm born with. However, they don't know exactly how." She looked scared, terrified even. But she was done with the questions. She turned back around to face Fawkes. I've always wondered why she is so infatuated with him. He just roams around the school grounds, but stops when he gets to our group and just sits there.

Wait, getting off topic.

"Thank you, Maddie. Alright, Gabby your turn. Same questions." I nodded.

"Full name?"

"Gabriela Alexandra Violeta Harrison" I saw Maddie turn to me with wide eyes. She had no idea my name was so long. I felt myself getting hot which means that I was embarrassed. And that Maddie knew I was embarrassed.

"Year and age?"

"Fifth. Fifteen."

"Beast?"

"Animagus and metamorphagus"

"Metamorphagus form?"

"Adult female Lion."

"Age discovered?"

"Thirteen."

Headmistress finished writing and nodded, stating that we are done with questions. "Ask me anything you need to know."

"What will happen if I'm chosen? Or if Maddie is chosen?" Maddie turned at the mentioning of her name. We waited, wanting to know what was to happen. Headmistress sighed, knowing it would be bad. I figured it would be.

"I'm not supposed to say. But... But since Maddie is a rare hybrid, she is at the top of the list. And since you are both an animagus and a meta, you are also up there. So, I will tell you. However, you can't say a single word about it, alright?" That's when we figured out that lives are truly at stake here. The ministry must be out of their minds to be doing this. "For you, Gabby, they will simply place the Imperious Curse on you. For Maddie however, she will have to go under 'testing' and then place the curse on you. This is only because you have control of yourself when you have switched forms. I'm unsure of the kind of testing they will put you under, but I do know that they aren't allowed to harm you. You will be safe. The both of you will be safe. I'll make sure of it." As I was listening, I began to zone out. My best friend could potentially be put in so much danger, and she wouldn't have a clue.

"Nothing further." Maddie said, quickly rushing out.

One thing was going through my mind. And that was...

We are so fucked.

*****

OMG 1.2k reads? Really? Omg. We love you. So here is the long chapter.

See you
~Maddie and GG