Chapter 4

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Note: (for the benefit of those who do not know certain things)

Robin's real name Is Richard (Dick) Grayson, he's about 4 years younger (in this fic he's 19) than Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, he sometimes calls her Babs for short.

In this fic the other Titans do not know that Robin is Richard Grayson and any part of his past, except what they heard from news (such as: he works with Batman, Boy wonder...etc)

Okay? If there's any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Disclaimer: I do not own Batman the animated series, Batman, Teen Titans, etc

The Titans looked at each other.

Cyborg shrugged. "We wanted some answers."

"You can't get rid of us that easily!" Beastboy bursted.

Robin staged a laugh. It was short. No one else laughed. "You thought I was trying to get rid of you?"

"Well, you suddenly want out, what else does that mean?" Raven said matter of factly.

Robin crossed his arms and shook his head. "No, I just had something I had to do all of a sudden that's all...and...In fact it was Batgirl who called for me."

"I did?"

Robin nodded. Go with it. he moved his head to face her. That look. she knew it.

"O-oh...I-I did, yeah. Sure."

"Oh yeah? " Beastboy.

"Yeah, Batman's out of town, and...she needed back up. That's it." Robin concluded dismissively. The rest of the Titans totally bought it; the weights of worry in their hearts were lifted. Starfire's sadness quickly faded away. But only Batgirl noticed how wrong his tone was. He was lying to them. And he made her lie to them as well. But she just smiled like an idiot, probably giving them the impression that she wasn't really in the conversation and that she was just an extra. She stepped back a bit, letting it all in, their faces. Analyzing. There was this big guy, half human half robot, and most of his metallic robot parts glowed blue, there was an odd short green boy, it was obvious that he wasn't the serious one, a girl that gave of a dark misty aura, she wore a cloak, and underneath, something that looked like a purple bathing suit. And the last girl looked too good to be true. She looked like a princess. Batgirl's smile faded slowly into a frown. So that's her...

Boy, Robin's got some guts at her, she's way past Miss Universe, and she looked out of this world drop dead gorgeous! And Batgirl was overwhelmed with self pity and jealousy. She floated about an inch off the ground, which she seemed to have done so gracefully,

Her hair was beyond salon comparison, her facial features seemed like it was carved by a genius artist, and every bit of her seemed perfect. Though her speech seemed odd, and quite alien. Looking at her and how she looked at Robin made her heart sink. She felt as if she can't fight. She felt obliged to give him up to her, since she seems more rightful, no matter how long she was friends with Robin, and even if she was first. It was an odd feeling. It was depressing. She never really gave up on anything before, but right then, she felt out of place. I don't belong here.

She walked out, soundless. She was Batgirl; she had to be a master of stealth as well. So she was out of there, without any of the other Titans noticing. They were all too indulged with their conversation. So happy. She felt even more horrible. Now she even lost her title as his best friend. She heard laughter. She can't relate, and she never can. She knew this was bound to happen, it wouldn't take long before he realizes that they can no longer really understand each other, and he'd stop even trying to communicate with her, by the end of this he'd be back in that stupid city, in that stupid tower, with his stupid friends and stupid girlfriend!