Chapter 15

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!

Disclaimer: I do not own Batman the animated series, Batman, Teen Titans, etc

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

"Dick, lighten up. It's not your fault." said Barbara as she sat in the living room staring at the boy she secretly loved, the light of the fire place giving the room a romantic touch.

Dick, still in his Robin costume bit his lip. "But you could've been hurt."

"But I'm not."

"This shouldn't have happened if I hadn't let my guard down." He said bitterly.

As much as caring about her made her smile, she still wanted him to stop blaming himself. She reached her hand out to touch his, "Dick, its okay"

For a moment they stared at each other.

Starfire floated over the house, and landed by the living room window. Hearing the two talking, she couldn't help herself. She didn't know it was Robin that Barbara was talking to, hidden by a chair.

She wondered who Barbara's friend was, and why he cared about her so much. Although a slight nagging feeling crept up inside of her.

Why does the voice seem familiar?

She was in the mansion, could it be that she was talking to that same boy she had met?

"I should probably get going" Barbara said breaking the silence.

"I could walk you."

"No, it's okay"

Silence again. when will the silence END?

Dick approached her, not saying anything, just letting silence speak for itself.

"Really, you've grown so much." She said. "You're even taller than me." she laughed. "I'd have to stand on my toes to mess your up like I used to…"

"Yeah.."

"Everything's different."

Silence again, being so close they could hear each other's breathing. It was unusual how years of separation made everything seem…difficult. How complicated things can become.

"But not everything's changed."

Starfire's eyes widened at what she saw. She bolted away crying. Never has she felt such heartache. The moment she realized who that person was.

It was too late.

He had made his decision.

And so tears slid down Starfire's cheeks.

And so tears slid down Barbara's cheeks. As she parted from their first kiss. It was unusual, it was odd, it was amazing, and it was not like how she imagined it.

"I'm sorry…I'm so sorry…"

She didn't understand why he was saying sorry. What he did was so amazing. Why would he feel sorry for it?

"No. it's-"

"No I'm sorry. I know…I think I had something to do with…when you cried…"

He started crying, and didn't look pathetic at all to her. she just smiled and hugged him tightly. She started laughing through tears.

"I don't reven know how to answer that."

He started laughing too.

"I know it took me long but…I love you"

I THINK I CRIED BACK THERE TOO. ANYWAY, JUST TO ADD SOMETHING. THE NEW CHAPTER!