Chapter 10

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!

Disclaimer: I do not own Batman the animated series, Batman, Teen Titans, etc

"Well, Deke Greatson" says Starfire "I shall have to go. Robin surely has not come yet…and it is getting to the late. I shall have to go with my friends. We shall be leaving soon." Dick accompanied Star to the gates. Deep in thought.

Starfire turned back to him before leaving. "Well…it is very nice to have met you. Please tell Robin I have come by."

Dick nodded absently. And watched her float gently up, and then fly away.

But as Dick stared at the sky feeling a certain loss little did he know that he was being watched.

Barbara came out of the mansion, not knowing Dick was outside. And feeling a little awkward holding the framed picture of them together in her arms. Amidst tears she went into his room and "stole" it for some reason. But now the stupid thing is, bumping into Dick on her way out holding the thing and looking like a complete lunatic with red eyes.

"Babs? When did you get here?"

She didn't want to speak; she didn't think she could take it without breaking down. All the thinking drained out of Dick's mind and he was suddenly focused on only her. it was as if he forgot everything at the sight of tears in her eyes.

"Babs, please, you gotta tell me what's wrong. Please, it's killing me."

Barbara tried to wipe off the tears with her sleeves. Feeling like a total wimp. It being the second time he caught her like this, she'll end up making a career out of it.

"I…" to her surprise words were pouring out of her lips. She felt dizzy, seeing his face, and looking into his eyes, remembering how he talked to Starfire…she felt drunk with all that's happened. "I" she cleared her voice. "Saw you…talking to Starfire…a while ago."

"Oh…really?"

"Yeah…did …"clears voice again. "Did you tell her? d-does she know…"

"Know what? My secret identity? No. she doesn't know it's me. She just thinks Robin's my body guard or something.

Barbara didn't felt relieved at all. "But you wanted to tell her…why didn't you?"

"I-" Dick couldn't answer that. "You know it's not that easy…and I'm not allowed to…so-"

"That's all I needed to know." Barbara walked passed him, walking briskly. Dick ran after her.

"Wait Babs, what's wrong? I don't understand…what has this got anything to do with me telling Starfire my secret identity?"

"It has everything to do with everything!" Barbara shouted, surprising herself and Dick. There was a short walk gap between them. And a momentary silence. Barbara bit her lip, and fought hard, the tears that still poured out. "Go ahead and tell her who you are…you're not gonna lose anything with telling her…" she turned and started walking away. "I will…" she whispered sadly to herself.

She left, Dick didn't try to stop her, and he didn't even follow her. He was doubled up with confusion. And having her bringing Starfire back up to his mind isn't making anything better. There was a war between the two most important women in his mind and it's tearing him apart. Just when he thought everything was finally sorted out, Starfire had to come along and remind him how it's gonna be hard to solve this. But the longer he kept at it the more confusing and hard doing what he had to do is.

"Get you head back in gear." He muttered to himself. "before you make unnecessary choices."

"So." said a voice he knew well. He jumped. From out of nowhere (nowhere he knew anyway) a figure emerged, light gleamed and reflected and blinded him momentarily as the sun's rays reflected upon Cyborg's metallic body. "Dick Grayson, huh?"

Dick turned away quickly. How could he have let his guard down? He should have sensed someone's presence. "I-I …Wh-Who are you? W-what are you doing here?"

"Oh you know. Just hangin' around…on your turf." Said Cyborg simply. "You know, unless you call security on me or something…since I'm a complete stranger to you…or am I? Robin?"

"How did you know?" Robin hissed, narrowing his eyes. Reaching into his pockets as if casually, but actually looking for a weapon. He was in a dangerous situation. His best friend caught him.

"I heard everything, stupid. And you're forgetting I'm half robot, I can tell the sound of your voice better than anyone, and you may have fooled Starfire, but I can smell your hair gel even before you left the house."

"How long have you been hanging around?"

"A while…Starfire was missing when we woke up, I already had heads up on where she went. When I got here you two were talking inside. Not that I enjoy eavesdropping but I just happen to have heard a familiar voice that got me interested...and it seems to me that Dick Grayson seems to be a little too interested in Robin"

"Cyborg, what do you want? My secret identity doesn't concern you." Dick scowled.

"No Robin, it doesn't concern me, or that's what you think. You think it doesn't concern anybody, but just so you know your crazy little antics is causing Starfire's emotional breakdown, and you can't face it like a man and tell her directly why you left so suddenly."

"I already told you-"

"I don't believe you! Finding out you're Dick Grayson doesn't make your little story any clearer. It only made it more confusing. Why would Bruce Wayne hire Batman and Robin to protect him…when Batman was always with him?" at that Robin lunged forward and tackled Cyborg with surprising strength.

"About that, you can't tell that to anybody understand?" he barked.

"No. I don't understand. I don't understand you anymore since you stopped telling me things. What's wrong with you Robin? Why are you hurting Starfire? Why did you just leave? It doesn't make any sense. And you wouldn't even tell us, and we're supposed to just believe in you r little illusion that there's nothing wro-"

"I don't love her enough!"

"What?"

"Starfire…I can't tell her I love her."

"I don't understand. Why?"

"Because…I'm in love with someone else."

There. More crazy. More typos, perhaps. And more cliffhangers. Woo! Chapter ten. Just so you all know, this isn't over yet. It's getting more and more complicated as the story goes on, and more and more complicated to write. But that's what's fun. Again, sorry for my stubbornness in typos and all that.