Chapter 11

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!

Disclaimer: I do not own Batman the animated series, Batman, Teen Titans, etc

"I still don't see why it's such a good idea to investigate in civilian" said Barbara Gordon as she walked alongside Dick Grayson in the recently and temporarily set up city carnival. Dick shrugged. Being quiet since they got there. Deep in thought. That only made things harder for Barbara, she felt awkward around him after having left him without a clue for the second time, she didn't actually expect he'd just shrug and forget about it and act like nothing's happened. And she's got Bruce to blame for her current situation, making them go undercover to try and catch the three female villains that were running around the place. What she doesn't understand is why in civilian form, and why the heck he can't do it himself!

Meanwhile as Barbara clutched awkwardly at her left arm with her right hand, staring at some random stands, Dick was thinking about the conversation he had with Cyborg that morning.

"I Never wanted to hurt Starfire, But now I realize I'd end up hurting her anyway in the end for what I did, I temporarily loved her, but it wasn't enough, because no matter what I'm still in love with Babs…so I can't keep pretending thing's are stil as they were before with Starfire, because they aren't because..well…I saw her again and…I think she may actually be in love with me too…"

"How can you be so sure? Somebody's gonna get hurt ,Robin, one way or the other." Cyborg said.

"I know…I know…it would be better if I'm the only one who'll get hurt, and neither of them will... but at this situation, me getting hurt would just get them hurt as well…at least one of them anyway…I think."

"But you said you loved Star, you said she was important to you-"

"I know what I said. and I meant it. but…with Babs…it's different..it's like I'm a whole different person when I'm around her, it's like I was never Robin to begin with, it was like I'm normal,but special at the same time…she understands me like no one else can, and it's crazy she's my first love" He said with a dreamy expression. "But I did love Starfire, I really did..but…I'm sorry."

There was a pause. Then Cyborg's confused face softened to a look of understanding. "I understand you man. I'm just lookin' out for everyone. Cause you know, we're a team, and we, Beast boy Raven and I, all love you and Star, and we'd hate it if any of you get hurt…whatever's your plan…I'll back you up." Cyborg said walking away.

"Thanks Cyborg" Robin whispered wearing a grateful smile.

"y'know, just…be careful" Cyborg said quietly as he went on.

"Dick? Hello? Are you listening?" Barbara waved a hand at his face.

"Huh? What? Oh Sorry...I was uhm…." But just as he was about to finished his sentence a scream was heard followed by an explosion.

The two turned their heads and saw Harley and Ivy causing trouble by one of the bottle throw stands. With Harley throwing bombs instead of balls.

Recklessly forgetting his situation he ran to there direction barely hearing Babs call him.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?!"

"Trying to win a prize." Said Harley.

"Well you-"he was about to jump at them when Barbara grabbed him in the arm and said. "No, Dick" she said widening her eyes while she mentioned his name, hoping he'd get the sense of the situation. "Let's just get out of here.

Dick suddenly went pale, realizing what he had done, he was so out of it, he totally forgot he wasn't in his Robin costume, and since he was always wearing it in Jump city it became part of his system to just jump at an enemy telling them to stop what they're doing. How can he be so careless?

"Dick?" Ivy raised an eyebrow. "You wouldn't happen to be the Dick Grayson that Millionare, Bruce Wayne adopted, are you?"

At this Harley dropped her bombs and looked at the two with interest.

"Sounds like a lot of green to me." said Ivy and before they could react the two lunged at them, Dick got away by somersaulting over them, but it only gave them an easier opening to catch Babs who was still in shock of all that's happened.

"Let her go!" Dick said as Ivy wrapped vines around a struggling Barbara. And since he was too focused on Babs he didn't notice Harley come at him and she hit him on the head with some object he barely saw and before he knew it he fell to the ground and they stood near him grinning. Harley crouched and leaned and held him by the chin to look up at her.

"If you want your little girlfriend back, tell your step daddy to send us some greens."

And with that she dropped his head and they ran pulling Babs who struggled madly, eyes widening as she watched Dick sprawled on the ground, screams muffled through the vines that covered half her face.

Dick saw it all happen but he was losing strength, weakening, things starting to...his eyes felt heavy…and his head hurt….

"Nnnn…"

Don't know if it's too fast, don't know if I have some typos and Out of characters.