Chapter 4: A Start Of Something

6 months later,

Latley, life been good. I mean like my mom and I have gotten a lot closer, Jay'D and I are really close as well and school been going amazing. I usually ride the bus home after class but Jay'D said he's going come pick me up.

When I got in the car , I hugged Jay'D. "how was school beautiful?" He asked me. "it was ok, I had to give a relaxer to a client." I told him. "I hope you didn't burn her head." he joked and we laugh. "So tonight, I really want to do some special with you ..." he start off by staying. "what you mean?" I questioned. "don't worry just make sure you ready by 7" he replied. "Ok"

Jay'D dropped me off of work. I been working at the Beauty supply for about 3 months now. I waved bye and I walk in. It was a slow day. "Excuse me can I this?" Some random girl ask rudely. I look at her as of she lost her mind but got side track because she's with Hakeem. "yea" replying to her question.
She bought the items. "Your total is 17.38". Hakeem kept staring making me feel uncomfortable. "come on bae, you ready ?" He asked her. "Yea." she smiled at him and they left. I shook my head and kept flipping through the magazine. After work I walked home since it wasn't that far. My mom of course was already gone to work.

I went upstairs to my room to start getting ready. I took a shower and hygiene. After, I flat iron my hair and got dress and waited for Jay'D to come.

When he arrived I got in the front seat. "hey boo." he said kissing my cheek. "hey jay." I smiled at him. "I'm Riley." I heard a little girl voice say. I turned to see a little girl that look just like Jay'D with breads in her hair. "hi, I'm jasmine." I smiled at her. I'm a little taken back because Jay'D didn't warm me that he was bringing his daughter, I mean like we aren't together, we still are friends and meeting his daughter is kind of too much right now. Maybe, Jay'D might want to make things official between us.
We drove to this indoor arcade with go-carts , lazar tag and food. "Daddy let's go do that !" Riley squealed grabbing Jay'D hand. I followed them to the rock climbing. "Riley , I don't think daddy can do this.." Jay'D told her. "aww please daddy." she begged sticking her lip out. I thought it was the cutest thing. "ok , ok." he gave in. "YAYYY!" Riley was so happy. The instructor helped them with their gear and helped them in. "Are you march ,set , go!" I yelled as Jay'D and Riley raced up the wall. "Go Riley ! Go Riley!" I cheered her on . Riley got to the top first and hit the alarm. I cheered and burst out laughing when I saw Jay'D try to come down and end up hitting the wall then landing on his stomach. Riley got down smoothly.i gave her a high five when she came by. "good job." i told her. "thanks jasmine."
she replied. "Your turn to pick, now where do you want daddy to take you ?"Jay'D asked in my ear and I laughed. "go carts." I pointed. We walked over there and picked out our go-cart. Riley insisted she ride with me. Jay'D got his own. we raced and of course Jay'D had to cheat by cutting us off and hitting us. He won the first 2 and we won the last race. after we played games and laser tag , we ate pizza , wings and fries. it was so good and I was having so much fun with Jay'D and his daughter. we left around 11:34pm. "I'm going to take you home first." he look at me." Ok" u replied half sleep. When he pulled up to my house, somebody was sitting on my porch. "who is that ?" Jay'D ask. "I have no idea." I replied. I got out and notice it was Hakeem. "I'm in good hands." I told Jay'D. "you sure ?" He questioned. "yes." I smiled kissing his cheek. Jay'D pulled off and I walk toward Hakeem. "why are you here?" I asked. "to talk to you." he told me. I sighed and walked pass him. I open my door and motion him to come inside.
I closed he door and stood there. "im sorry jasmine, but I never lied on you, I'm guilty for saying you a bitch but that sex part I never came out my mouth ." he explained. "I only said I stayed at jazz's house until my sister came on, he made the conclusion we had sex." he added I nodded. "it's cool." I had no emotion for him. "Jasmine I would love to have our friendship back." I thought about it. "I'll see Hakeem." I replied. he nodded and left. I went to my room and completely undress. I took a shower and didn't even think about putting clothes on . I just crawled into bed. I couldn't help but to think about how fine Jay'D is.