Chapter 6 , Hard Saying Goodbye

3:45am

I laid on the couch sleep. My feet in Hakeem's lap as he was slumped over. I was awaken by my phone ringing.

Me: "hello?"

"May I speak to the daughter of Loretta Klain?"

Me: "this is she"

I sat up and frowned.

"This is Tasha from Grace Hospital, I need you to come down and Identify a body."

The last few worlds sent chills down my body and tears swell in my eyes. The thought of my mom gone makes my stomach turn. I hung up the phone and sat there. "what's wrong?" Hakeem asked me. "They want me to identify my mother's body." I burst into tears and Hakeem held me close. "damn damn damn." Hakeem kept saying. I felt his tears hit my forehead as I cried on his chest. "come on , I know its hard but we have to." he told me. I slowly sat up .
Arriving to the hospital , I was scared to death. I walked to the front desk with Hakeem to my side. "how May I help you?" The male nurse asked. "I'm here to confirm a body." I slurred with my words trying not to cry. "Go down the hall and make that right." he directed me. I nodded and held on to Hakeem hand tight as we held each other hands times. We walked down the hall and my stomach began to turn and twist. I saw a nurse standing there. "daughter of Loretta ?" She asked. I nodded my head. I followed her to this room. Hakeem waited in the hallway with the police officers and this other woman who was crying her eyes out. I walked in the room and my heart felt like it stop when I saw my mom body laying there. I broke down crying. Hakeem ran in and held me tight. "I gotchu." he said to me. "What happen?" Hakeem asked. "she supposedly hit her head at work a couple days ago and didn't know she was bleeding internally in her brain, I'm sorry for your lost ." the nurse said to me. I continue to cry.

On the way home I stared out the window as the sun began to rise. we pulled up to my house. "jasmine go get some clothes and you can come sleep at my house." Hakeem broke the silence. "No I'll be fine, I need some space." I replied getting out the car and shutting the door. I walked in the house and sat on the couch and cried my eyes out. this is usually the time my mom would get off work. My phone began to ring and it was Jay'D. I pressed ignored and slowly walked up stairs. I went to the bathroom and went through the medicine cabinet and took 2 pain relievers. I jogged down stairs and went through the fridge for some juice and my eyes fell on the bottle of Hennessy. I open it and gulp it down. I frowned up and felt like I need to lay down. My body felt like I was drifting away as I
was laying on the couch.

Jay'D pov

I was honestly wondering why jasmine haven't text or call me yet. I rolled over to toya sleeping. I got out the bed and checked on Riley. She was sound asleep. Walking into the kitchen , I notice we had bacon and pancake mix when I open the fridge. The entire time I was cooking, Jass was on my mind. I'm not obsessed with her, but damn lil mama really had a effect on me. I guess I'll stop by her house tonight.

Hakeem
-7:34 pm-

"Jazz!" I banged on her door. Im
Honestly scared she did harm to herself. I haven't heard from
Her all day and I know the death of her mom really taking a toll on her. I just needed to know she was ok. "jazz!" I banged again. The door swung open and jasmine look as if she haven't slept in days. "what ?!" She said with an attitude. "I came to make sure you was ok." Jasmine rolled her eyes. "bye Hakeem." she slammed the door in my face.

Jay'D pov
-that night around 10pm-

I pulled up to jasmine place. I got out and walked to the door. To my surprise, the door was already unlock. I continued to knock but no answer. I step in. "jasmine, hey it's Jay'D,." I called out but quietly.. still no answer. I notice jasmine knocked out on the couch with a bottle in her hand. "baby." I rushed next to her and grabbed the bottle out her hand. I notice pain relievers as well. "jasmine baby , wake up." I shook her but no response. I began to panick. "jasmine, baby come on and wake up." I shook her harder. "huh?" She slurred. I smiled. "jasmine look I'm sorry about that night at the hotel, i should have been a man and taken you home, I'm sorry, but why are you drinking like this!?" Jasmine smiled at me. "I've been waiting Jay'D." I could tell she was drunk. "Jass where is your mom?" I asked her. "she's gone baby, she's with god now ." jasmine slurred her words and smiled. "damn." I said to my self. I went and found the bathroom and search and found a face towel. After running warm water on the towel , I came back to jasmine , who was sleep again, and rubbed her forehead as she slept. I felt her pain, I lost my mom around 17 years old. I got in the couch and allows Jass to lay on my chest. I kissed her forhead.