Chapter 6

-2 months go by -

Jasmine pov

I'm honestly at a cross roads right now in my life. After my mom passed away I had to take care of the house. Bills are constantly rolling in, while I haven't had enough to make ends meet. I've been pulling a extra shift at a cafe and had to quit school. The past few months, I've been borrowing money from Jay'D.

I sat in the tub and listened to music as tears rolled my cheek.

"Mommy, I miss you"

I said outloud as I cried my eyes out. My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell and a text from Ashlyn. I quickly got out the tub and dried off. I grabbed my phone off the sink and went to my room. The doorbell kept ringing. I threw on a oversize shirt and panties. I jogged down the stairs. I open the door to see Hakeem. "what ?" I asked. "what's with the attitude?" I rolled my eyes. "jasmine I came to check on you, can I come in ?" Hakeem walked in. I plopped on the couch and he sat next to me. "Jasmine, what the hell ?!" He asked referring to the empty bottles of alcohol. i kept looking at tv with no emotion. "I know damn well you hear me !" He yelled. "why do you fucking care Hakeem?" I yelled back getting in his face. Hakeem bite his bottle lip and nodded his head. "You right, why do I ?... Bye jass." he stormed out slamming the door. I realise Ashlyn texted me again and I ignored it.
I walked back upstairs and went to bed.

(Next day)

Today, after work I met up with Ashlyn at this ice cream place. "damn so he in his 30s?" She asked. "yeap, but he's really nice." I explained. "So like why want you let him take care of you, I mean you dropped out of school, you can't work them lame ass jobs forever." Ashlyn frowned up. I ignored her. "Jasmine look, I miss her too, she was like a mom to me too, Im just saying you need to use what you have to get what you need, no I'm not saying have sex for money but I know a girl that can get you in the club." I looked at Ashlyn like she was crazy. "stripping ?!" I semi yelled. Some people glanced over at me. "listen, I'm just trying to help you out, them girls make thousands in 1 night, can easily move out that house and get you your own place plus pay for school, if you change your mind this is her number, and the address to the club, I'm going to let her know you might be interested." Ashlyn told me. I nodded and hesitantly took the number.

After I left, Jay'D wanted to come over.
"Jay stop." I giggled. Jay'D started kissing my neck. "What you do today ?" He asked. "worked... met up with ash." he nodded. Jay'D reached in his pocket and handed me some money. "that's for this month's" he told me. I kissed his cheek. "thanks." I replied. "you know , im not going to need this money for long, I'm going to start looking for an apartment that I can afford." I told him. "yea, you need too cause staying here, going to prevent you from moving on." What Jay'D was saying was true. We watched a movie then he had to go. I stared at the pile of bills and the number Ashlyn gave me. I slowly picked up the number and began dialing the number.