Chapter 12 - Began of Careerism

The morning sun rays brought the warmth of zeal to every individual's body. Breathing in fresh air Ravi, Raj, and Sid set foot on their college campus.

While some students appear to be standing outside the college, some were drawing hazardous smoke of cigarettes into their lungs, and allowing it to be prone to cancer. Toxic chemicals cemented on their trachea as they puffed it out.

Take a gander inside campus, and you'd always find some students sitting on campus's benches. Few couples were always hot and heavy in corners.

Outside the campus, there was a temple of Lord Shiva. The sound ringing bells in the house of God were audible even from a far distance. In there, a father was teaching his little son how to pray to the Lord and execute religious rituals.

Sid's eyes stuck at that scene, just like a magnet gets attracted to the iron. In the back of his mind, he went about mulling over those multiple questions about God.

Bewilderingly he kept on staring at the deity of Lord Shiva and ultimately submerged into a deep trance until and unless someone nudged his elbow. He stood motionless. Meantime, Ravi snapped him out of his reverie, and then they went to attend the first lecture.

The trio's classroom was in the same division. As they crossed the threshold of section B class, Raj chose the very first bench to sit, whereas Sid and Ravi went towards the back seats. But Raj stopped them and told them to sit with him. Thus every student got settled onto their respective benches.

There were four rows in a classroom, Sid, Ravi, and Raj were sitting on the third row. Two rows divided between girls and the other two among boys.

Ravi cast his brown eyes at the girl's row and gave voice to his concern. "This time, no chicks are available in our classroom."

"As always, none," Sid said.

"There's one out there." Raj pointed his index finger at the first row towards a typical Indian girl, donned in traditional dress. Her ornaments were not jewelry but shyness.

"But she must be taken away." Ravi rolled his eyes. "It's tough to find a single girl these days."

What he mentioned was valid to a more considerable extent, though. To find a single boy is easy as pie, but to find a single girl is like an oasis in the scorching desert. Even if there is a chance for a relationship, but it won't last for more than a year. So to deal with unwanted feelings, Ravi had made up a motto: better to flirt, instead of getting hurt.

"Alright, class," a lady teacher said, as she rushed into the classroom, the first thing anyone could notice about her should be her curly hair, and Harry Potter's style spectacle. Everyone stood up at once to greet her. She waved her hand and told everybody to sit down. Going to her place, she began to address them all.

"So everybody! Welcome to degree college. My name is Sobha Jindal. As always, there is a slight change in the educational curriculum this year."

The students smirked because they are used to it. Indian Education System is such that every year there is a change in books. Because of that, students have to buy new books, which contain different syllabus. However, she shrugged this off and went on. "For this year, I'll be your proud class teacher, and the most important thing is, there should be at least seventy percent attendance."

Resting his chin on his palm, Raj was thoroughly soaked up in the lecture. But from the corner of his eyes, he caught a glimpse of Sid, who concealed his hands under the desk and started using his cell phone. Raj warned him to stop it, but worst comes to worst when he saw Ravi doing the same thing. These two guys are brilliant; they were using their cell phones in front of the class-teacher without letting the slightest doubt sprout into her mind.