Chapter 58 - There's A Revolution Coming

Some blankly took a gander at Sid, and he exchanged the same look. Did he really lose the debate?

His heart staggered in his chest, shock laced with anger crawled hotly into his throat. He wanted to roar in protest, but his vocal cords momentarily became non-existent. Not only him, but those who believed a clear win for the boy felt thunderstruck.

Sid's eyes traveled along as the fans of Invincible Three rushed toward the stage to big up Dr. Nayak. A few groans erupted from haters, which weren't in favor of him but to the fact that Invincible Three are still undisputed champions. Did Dr. Nayak really have a worthy victory or—

The boy caught a glimpse of Ronit running at him from the audience. Still senseless. Only when the spin doctor lost control on his legs and collided with the boy, it snapped him out of his daze. The hit pushed him a few feet away; it was like an invisible shock-layer blew off him.

"Sorry," Ronit blurted out as he caught onto Sid's shoulders. "Something's fishy. You clearly had the upper hand, man."

Sid glanced at the spin doctor with a glazed look and managed to get past few words. "I don't know."

When Ronit parted his lips to speak, they saw Prakash swaggering at them, with stomping steps, his shoulders bounced and chuckle on his lips stretched into an evil grin.

He came face to face with the boy. "I told you, didn't I?" he spoke softly, "Even if you scream, nobody will listen to you." His voice grew intimidating through jeering eyes. He patted the boy's shoulder and wended his way.

Sid and Ronit could do nothing but shoot daggers.

A lightning flashback whizzed through Sid's mind: the day he met Prakash as a member of Invincible Three.

Welcome, Siddhant, to the world of lies. Here we sell lies as truth.

In this world of lies, if you stood against us, we'll prove you the biggest liar.

Sid kept on recalling his meet with Invincible Three. They said something fishier back then, and now it dawned on him they were not lying one bit. He remembered challenging Invincible Three over his adherence to the truth.

You cannot tell your truth to the sponsors who want us to win? Everything here is under our thumb, kid. Even if you shout, nobody will hear your truth.

To the sponsors!? The host is one of the sponsors, isn't he?

Sid's eyes searched the host and found him conversing with Stan, there was hidden look on his face. The one that Sid can make heads and tails of now. He's in cahoots with Invincible Three!

A numbing sensation washed over him, sending him in a momentary daze again. He looked at Ronit and presented him with a pitiful smile. "I think this is it for me," he murmured and walked off.

Ronit felt a rush of anger toward the boy for succumbing to hopelessness. His hands went to brush through his hair, and just the "Si" of Siddhant get past his throat, but the boy kept on walking. However, it was his time to shine (you're a viral content creator, goddammit!). The right time display his real talent, but he felt a bit perplexed too. Smoking a cigarette would help, maybe?

********

Sid sat aimlessly in the spin doctor's cabin; his hand reached to pick up a paperweight. The floral design inside the orb locked his eyes for a moment. He held the ball in his fingers like chopsticks and twirled it on the flat table. He kept on doing it while shooting a glance at Ronit now and then, who was busy with ringing his contacts.

Ronit returned looks, a few times, with every time guilt washing over his face. The boy also broke tight-lipped smile across his lips on a few exchanges of glances.