Chapter 23 - Befriending

The sky was brushed with blue color as if the creator just now painted it by his mystical hand. As the day began, a gleam of hope brought a surge of confidence in dispirited hearts and vim in lazybones.

Mental scars given by the author, Nitin Kushwa, were still fresh in Sid's mind. Yesterday he had promised Sara to spend a full day with her. The day that put a smile on every woman's face: the shopping day.

There were lines of annoyance on the forehead of Sara as she was tapping her feet on the ground. She has been waiting for an hour, still no signs of Sid. Except waiting people passing by or looking at the time every now and then, she did nothing. Her Vespa scooter was parked aside the footpath where she was standing.

Just as she was on the brink of losing her patience, Sid arrived on the scene. Sara looked at him like death personified, shooting daggers.

Sid thought it's wise to put a fish-eating grin on his face as wide as possible. The idea was, it could melt Sara, and she may not rain blows on him. To his surprise, he received a welcoming smile from Sara. "No need to give excuses, let's go. You're mine for a full day as you promised." She chuckled as naughtiness glittered in her eyes.

Instead of letting her ride the scooter, Sid took hold of it. Sara sat on the pillion and locked Sid's waist with her thoroughly waxed smooth arms. He didn't expect this much tightness in her grip, which made him a little coy. Right then he surmised it to be Sara's open nature. "Don't be surprised if next day you woke up in the hospital."

"Shut up," she crooned, rolling her eyes.

Within an hour, both of them arrived at the shopping mall. Sara had to haul Sid by his arm in the women's intimates section. Because he was feeling shy to enter there, and that also with a newly made friend.

When they moved on to other sections, Sara kept on asking for Sid's suggestions, before choosing any dresses, tops, shorts, tunics, or footwear she tried on.

She picked a keyhole midi dress and adhered it on her shoulder, going down to the middle of her thighs. She asked for Sid's suggestions, but he was lost in his world, being bored to tears. Without looking at the dress, he told her. "Yeah, it's a lovely frock. You'll look stunning in it. Pack it up."

"It's not a frock. Turn around and see!" Sara said through her gritted teeth. Squinted his eyes shut—hard—for a moment, Sid sent a silly grin at her while scratching his head on that mistake.

After twenty minutes, being done with her shopping, they went to the food court. Of course, Sid didn't leave this opportunity to pull Sara's leg about how in the world she wrapped up her shopping within two hours?

He was mentally prepared to wait for more than three hours. Sara belly-laughed on every jest made on her, instead of getting irked.

"Why were you curiously peeking at people's bill?" Sara asked because she remembered how he was catching a glimpse of every buyer's bill.

"Actually, I was observing how people ostentatiously spend money on unnecessary things. Whereas outside the mall beggars are starving."

Sid's chest puffed out as he realized his thoughts matched with the great philosopher, Socrates. But he was aware of the fact that people never consider this thing. They'll probably snap back. Like, hey, dude! Who the heck are you to refrain me from squandering my money, it's my money.

Sara said the same thing, but she winked, in the end, to give her statement a tinge of sarcasm.

Sense gratification is the most practicing religion in the world even Sid would agree. Sara nodded and a grin beamed across her face since she has perceived the same. She gazed at him for seconds as if awestruck to hear wisdom coming from a teenager, a rare thing you'd observe. "You're a philosopher."