Chapter 35 - Why bad things happen to Good people?

Face turned red in anger, Sid's heart was boiling lava in a form of wrath. Unable to bear such misconception, he was flabbergasted. His black eyes appeared like fiery orbs which were flaring with rage every now and then, and at the same time his eyebrows got furrowed. What hurt him the most was, Sara choose to trust a lecherous guy like Pratik, but not him. To whom she called her "best friend."

Not even for once she thought Pratik must be lying? Why she felt no need of cross-questioning her boyfriend, before casting a judgment upon Sid?

Well, you can say, she's in blind love with Pratik. You see, actually, what hurt the most is not, when someone accuse you for no reason, but when a person you can count on anytime misunderstands you.

"What a drag! Sara thinks we'd beaten up Pratik just because I'm in love with her." He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

"What nonsense!? She knows you love Nehali." Sid sent a dead glare towards Ravi as he gabbled about Nehali. Since, he still held a umbrage for what she has done to him. "You're still smitten by her, right?" Ravi hunched his shoulders up, and let a fish-eating grin ran off from his thin lips.

Glowering right into Ravi's eyes, Sid grabbed his collar. "Don't pick on me by bringing up her name. I've told you this many times."

Fending Sid's hands off of his collar. Ravi burst out in laughter, "His holiness!? I didn't know you would be so angry."

"Don't call me that!" Sid shrieked at the top of his lungs. "Hell with Ahimsa Parmo Dharma. Let's go, someone's going to get a good hiding."

"Ahimsa Parmo Dharma" is a Sanskrit verse means non-violence is the highest religion. However, being in a tight spot, Sid was losing this ideology which he has been nurturing for a while. The triad began scurrying to the person with whom they'd dealt with just this morning.

Now, the afternoon was about to drag. Atop their head, the sun appeared just like a mango. As they caught sight of the real culprit. Visible wounds were marked across on Pratik's body, who was sitting all alone, on a bench with no companions at all. Being enraged, Sid literally jogged instead of walking. Following him from behind, Raj and Ravi were unable to keep up with his pace.

Sid shot a hard knuckle punch on the face of Pratik. Being totally heedless about the incoming punch. Pratik tripped and fell. "Ow!" he cried out, as he caught hold of that impact, "What do you want now?"

Sid seized his collar and hauled him up. So that, they can have a face to face conversation. "You Jerk! When on earth you deluded Sara about me?"

In a response, Pratik was managed to masquerade uncertainty on his bumpy face. He shrugged his shoulder and jutted out his bottom lip. "When the heck I did that? She's your best friend, isn't she?"

However, Sid was smart enough to fathom, it was all Pratik's dirty game. Since, he got the drift, Pratik can't bully him: physically or mentally. Therefore, he has come up with a new evil scheme to abuse Sara's blind faith on him. Although the guy got whack up severely just a couple of hours ago, but still his egoistic nature was not lessened by a bit.

"C'mon! I thought she trusted you, more than me." Pratik taunted him with exact sarcasm that worked as pouring a salty water on the fresh wound.

What delighted Pratik the most was to see that bewildered expression reigning on Sid's oval face, which puts a smile on his own oblong face. As if someone has switched his energy mode on, the zeal titillated every limb of his body. He spoke further, "Now, do you get the drift how easy it was to manipulate her?"

On the other side. Sid tightened his grip on Pratik's collar. He was thinking to come up with a counter attack, but this time the ball was in Pratik's court.