Chapter 22 - Who will get you out?

Ravi kept on laughing his head off out loud on the way to the basement. Whereas a faint smile climbed on Sid's bow-shaped lips as his mood was ecstatic for the feat he accomplished. From where on earth such confidence washed over Sid was a shock of life for Ravi.

"How did you do it? The guy who couldn't even utter a single word in an interview. Now, he has tongue-tied the best-selling author!" Ravi's mouth was wide open like "o" as compared to his eyes being awestruck.

"I don't know how I did it. My eloquence was mind-boggling." Sid's eyes glittered and grinned like a Cheshire cat beamed across his lips when he thought of Nitin's face which made him feel proud.

As they were preparing to make a move, they didn't imagine this part that Nitin Kushwa was charging at them with his two brawny bodyguards. Sid caught sight of those two muscular men as his eyesight cascaded upon their powerful physique. Swollen blood vessels were visible on their biceps as they were walking. They were patting their robust biceps as if they are going to pound both boys. Sid and Ravi chilled with waves of fear flooding each limb of their body. Nitin has envisaged to obliterate spiritual seeking within Sid through manipulating his mind.

"Be ready for throbbing & thrashing." Ravi blurted out, "Let's get the heck out of here before they come to us." By saying this, they hurriedly prepared to make a move. But Nitin forged ahead and hauled Sid back by his arm.

"Where you guys are going? I'm not done with you yet," he accosted.

"Hold on! Hold on! It was just a Q/A session." Sid protested, reacting like in the mood of negotiation.

Ravi tried to drag Sid's shirt with a pinch of his fingers, hinting him to break out from there. Nitin noticed it, and he lugged Sid by his forearm to affirm that they are not slipping away anywhere. The author shot a glance at his two bodyguards, and they came forward to take a hold on Ravi and Sid's shoulder. At first, both of them tried to retaliate, but their strength was no match for those two burly bodyguards. They drag them like a prisoner and haul them to the terrace.

Nitin and his two bodyguards brought them on the terrace. The wind ruffled everyone's hair since they were on the terrace of a twenty-one story building, the view of the whole city stood in front of their eyes. Nitin looked at Ravi and Sid; he got closer to them to speak something.

"When I was of your age. I was also very energetic. Always exuberant to do dangerous stuff." His face transformed exactly the way it was in Q/A session. He must have remembered the ignominy he had that time.

He continued, "Just see! From this terrace, on your left side, you can see there's a mosque." Ravi and Sid set their eyes on the mosque—Muslim worshippers overcrowded it.

"On the right side, there's a church." Nitin continued, both caught a glimpse of the church at their side right side—Christian worshippers overcrowded it.

"On your straight, a temple is visible to you. These thousands of people approach God only to ask something in return from him. Then, why in the world you guys want to be exceptional, huh?"

"What are you trying to convey?" Sid queried meekly.

"If you both are presuming that we have intended to harm you physically, then, abandon that thought. Sometimes hurting is not the only way to take revenge. Instead, if you destroy someone internally that is more efficacious."

An evil smile stretched across on Nitin's clean shaved face. "Yes! I'm a cheater and soul killer. I don't want people to seek after the true spiritual leader."

Sid and Ravi felt a chasm of horror ran through their body as they heard this incoming answer and their limbs froze for a second.

He continued, "You know why? There's something above in this world, which is above God, intelligence, humanity, or anything that exists—and that's money. Manipulating people's mind is not that tough. You just have to step on their weaknesses and directs their emotions on it."