Chapter 38 - Out of Body Experience

Somehow or other, Sid crawled out of the car. Inside the car, Pratik was fatally wounded. Even Sid met with some injuries, blood was trickling down from his forehead, his ribcage was hurt, and his left knee suffered a heavy blow. His vision was slowly getting blurred. Sid tried to see above the cliff, all he could see was a dance of flashing lights. On the spur of the moment he fell on the ground, unconscious. He struggled to keep his eyes open, but his eyelids shut closed.

Pulling his eyes open, Sid woke up from the deep slumber. It was pitch dark. He hoisted himself up, but he felt so light-weighted. All those wounds were gone, his ribcage weren't hurting, nor his left knee. In fact, he felt placid. He turned around and saw Pratik is still inside, however, it was a big question if he is alive or not.

A gust of wind blew and swept away dried leaves. This was just an excuse that let Sid to lay his eyes on the ground. What he saw was the most horrifying thing ever, never in the million years he desired to see that. His eyes stretched as wide as it could go, he felt breath catch his throat, like an gelid wind had blown down there and frozen the air solid. Because the view was really horrendous. He saw himself. Means to say, it was his body lying on the ground.

Is he dead? But if he's dead, how come he's out of the body? If he's out of the body, then who's outside of that body? Of course, that body belongs to Sid. But he is not that body.

"Am I dead?" Sid burst out.

He's not body, but the soul? What is it? If we are soul, then why we are caught up in this body, which is consist of flesh and bones? This seemed to be inconceivable to grasp.

Pulling his eyes open, Sid pulled himself up and realized, he's back into his body. He checked the wounds which he had before out of body experience, but it wasn't the time think about it.

Sid sprinted towards the car, which now caught fire. He hauled the door and caught a glimpse of Pratik, who seemed to be fatally injured. Blood gushing down from the head, his right eye turned dark because of sore. And his right leg was stuck beneath driver's seat. That's why he was unable to jump out of the car.

Sid tugged him by his arms and with his full strength tried to pull him out. But it all goes waste because his leg being stuck beneath driver seat. Sid pondered for a while how to get Pratik's leg out of it. Then, he began to push the driver's seat with great force by his own leg. Pushing it vigorously, the seat little bit moved up. And now he able to dragged Pratik out of the car.

Pratik was still unconscious, however, he was still breathing. Sid slung him over a broad shoulder and ran as fast as possible to get themselves away from the about-to-be explode car. Just as they came out of the cliff; on the bumpy road. The car blew up with a big boom. Its intensity had Sid tripped and fell along with Pratik. But they were unscathed.

"That was so close," Sid burst out as he turned around to see smoke moving upwards in the sky.

******

Tick Tick Beep. Tick Tick Beep. ECG machine was connected to Pratik's body. His heartbeats were normal, slowly he opened his eyes and found himself on a bed of the city hospital. With his own efforts, he raised himself up to sit which was not an easy task. His neck was covered with cervical collar, while his head was wrapped in white bandages and right leg was wrapped up in plaster, which appeared like a big white gumboot. He was wearing a light blue gown, that generally patients wear.

Coconut water poured in an empty glass and brought towards Pratik's lips. Sara was holding it, while flashing a dim smile on her face. "Who brought me here?" Pratik inquired as he took a sip of it.