Chapter One

"Hello, we're the swan twins. We're new!" Renesmee smile brightly at our new English teacher.

"Hello!" She smiled back "Would you introduce yourselves to the class while I get your books?" She left to go get our textbooks.

As I turned towards the class I saw something that made my blood run cold.

I saw...me. There was a boy sitting in the back of the class who looked exactly like me. Even worse, he was a vampire. As was the girl next to him. Renesmee took in a sharp breath and shook her head quickly to steal her nerves as she spoke.

"Hello, I'm Renesmee Carlie Swan and this is my brother Edward Masen Swan. We're not very good at the whole 'introducing thing." she stopped to giggle and the class joined. Everyone laughed except my copy cat.

"Any questions?" She asked.

"You two are twins?" A blond haired girl asked.

"Yes." we said at the exact time causing more laughs.

"Do you ever get tired of eachother?" Another girl asked.

"No." we said and again there were more laughs.

"Where did you move from?" The small petite vampire in the back asked.

"Alaska." I answered and she gave me a knowing look.

Lunch was even worse. The whole time Renesmee and I tried to eat, the strange vampires glared at us, it got even worse when three more vampires joined them and we could hear their hushed whispers.

"Hello, may I sit with you for a moment?" The petite vampire from this morning was suddenly sitting besides my sister causing me to cringe up.

"I guess." Renesmee answered shooting me a warning glance.

"You know, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Alice." she smiled "My family and I would like to invite you to our house tonight. Our coven would like to discuss some business with you." she explained.

Renesmee and I shared a quick look.

My gift is to be able to make people see my memories, thoughts, or what I'm seeing at the moment through pictures or moving videos.

Renesmee on the other hand talks to people through her mind. Sends her thoughts to people and vise versa.

"This could be a trap." Her voice suddenly rang through my thoughts.

"I know but we would seem rude, or suspicious, if we declined."

"We will come. How about right after school?" Renesmee asked.

"Perfect! See you guys then!" Alice smiled and darted back to her table.

****************

"Are you okay?" Renesmee asked as I got off the phone with mom.

I told her we were going to go see a movie with a group of friends we met and she happily agreed as she needed to hunt. The truth is I was currently driving behind Emmets big black jeep, following him to his house for a 'meeting'.

"I'm just worried about you." I responded truthfully. I know Renesmee is technically older than me but I see myself as her big brother, a protector.

"I'm worried too." she smiled sadly at me "Speaking of worries...the bronze haired one. Do you think he's..."

"Our father? I don't know. I don't hope so for mothers sake." I replied grimly.

"He just looks so much like us. More you than me obviously but still." She had a deep concentrating look on her face.