Chapter Eight

Bella POV

"Remember that time we were in Egypt and you almost got us arrested?" Renesmee laughed.

"How was I supposed to know that it was 'unholy' to grab your sisters hand?" Her brother laughed in response.

"Sounds like you two have a lot of fun stories." Esme smiled at them.

"I had just forgotten about our travels when everything became so difficult for me. It's nice to talk about them." Renesmee smiled.

"Memories can be lovely." I smiled at them and they both looked a little shocked for a minuet before smiling back.

"I didn't think you had any nice memories mom." My son smirked just like his father.

The whole Cullen family laughed.

"Of course I have nice memories!" I responded, shocked that my children think like that about me.

"Name one." Renesmee laughed.

"When you two were born, when I found out I had twins, and you were both happy and healthy and so incredibly beautiful." I smiled.

"Lame." Renesmee shrugged it off.

"Very lame." Edward Jr. nodded his head in agreement with his sister.

"What!?" I asked, again shocked. I'm they're mother! All mothers have sweet memories of their babies!

"You have to name something big." Renesmee responded.

"I guess...the happiest memory I have..." I paused and took a deep unneeded breath "Is the first summer I spent here in Forks with your father."

Everybody went silent. Both my children looked stunned but slowly Renesmees curiosity got the best of her.

"Why?" She asked and I sighed, not wanting to remember. Those memories would only bring me pain later.

"I spent almost every minuet with your father, so that always made me happy. I got to know the Cullens better and we became very close. I guess it was really just overall the best time of my life." I smiled slightly.

"Now, if you all will excuse me. I need to go home and work on some things." I left the Cullen house quickly, praying I could make it home before breaking down.

I marched inside, pulled off my muddy boots by the front door and headed upstairs. I took a quick shower, changed, and threw my hair up into a uncharacteristic ponytail. I cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, and living room quickly just to give me time to decide if what I wanted to do is what I should do.

Finally, deciding to go with my gut, I sat on the couch and pulled out my phone.

"Bella." Eleazar picked up on the first ring.

"I think I need you to come down after all. I don't think I can handle everything by myself right now." I sighed.

"We're already on our way." I could hear the smile in his voice.

**************************************
Eleazar POV

"But I don't understand why Bella would be so upset! Wasn't she heartbroken when they left her? Why would she not run back into their arms!?" Carmen asked frustrated.

She loves Bella and the twins, we all do, but sometimes it is hard for the others to understand her decisions. I understand her perfectly but that may just be because I understand how her mind works.

"Carmen, once you are hurt so deeply by someone you love it is not always easy to forgive and forget their mistakes. Bella does love the Cullens, but she's afraid she'll get hurt again." I answered her.

"Why won't Bella let us come to Forks? I miss my niece and nephew!" Kate pouted.

"She wished us to not get involved. We have to respect that, although, it does concern me to have her alone in this." I sighed.

"We should surprise her!" Tanya leaped up off the couch smiling widely, no doubt a mischievous plan forming in her mind.

"Tanya..."

"No Eleazar." She stopped me. "You're right, Bella should not be alone when having to decide her paths. The twins will need to be looked after and the Cullens will need to be free to sort things out with Bella. We should go and help her!" Tanya dictated.

"Very well, I'm sure she will appreciate our intervention eventually." I smiled.

"I'm not going." Irina pouted.

"Irina..."

"No." Irina cut off Tanya and rushed upstairs.

"She's still a little upset about the hoodlum." Kate whispered to Tanya.

Laurent, Irinas mate, was killed by the shapeshifters of Forks after he tried to kill Bella. Irina has never healed from it and blames Bella for their actions.

"Maybe it's best if she stays home." I nodded. "Well, everyone, let's pack!" I smiled clapping my hands together.

"Oh! It will be wonderful to see Esme again!" Carmen cheered "And her precious girls of course! Alice and Rosalie are such dears! And the Cullen boys are always so sweet and charming. I'm sure you'll have a nice time catching up with Carlisle of course." Carmen continued her fussing as we packed.

Later, after we were all ready, Bella called. We had just said our goodbyes to an incoherent Irina, packed up the car, and settled into our seats when my phone started ringing loudly.

"Bella." I answered, pulling out of our drive.

"I think I need you to come down after all. I don't think I can handle everything by myself right now." I could hear the sorrow and desperation in her sweet melodic voice.

"We're already on our way." I smiled and said my goodbyes.

"See, I told you all this was a good idea!" Tanya smiled proudly.

"Yes, it appears we made the right choice. I want you to be on your best behavior though Tanya, I know how...excited you can get."

"Me? I'm always on my best behavior, how dare you think I only care about Edward!" She cried.

"I said nothing of Edward." I sighed, a feeling of dread settling over me, and turned onto the highway.