Chapter Two

"We'll be okay. Won't we Masen?" Renesmee asked verging on a quiet anxiety attack. She only calls me Masen when she's upset.

"Of course Ren." I put on a false face and smiled at her. Using my nick name for her instantly calmed her down.

"Mother was just overreacting. She'll calm down and then she'll think rationally and understand this is what is best for us." I explained and she nodded.

"You're hurt." Carlisle gently took Renesmees hand "Why don't we go up to my office and I'll get those cuts cleaned up okay?" Carlisle asked and Renesmee looked at me with a silent question if it was okay.

"Renesmee, everything is fine." I smiled at her "Do you mind if I relax for a bit? I'm getting a headache." I smiled at her when she nodded her head no and went with Carlisle. I concentrated and unlinked our vision.

"She's so sweet, very fragile." Alice smiled at me.

"She's got a lot of emotional problems. She stays confused a lot of the time because her gift." I explained the best I could.

"What is her gift?" Esme asked as she motioned for me to sit on a love seat.

"She reads minds essentially but she can also speak through mind connection. She sends her thoughts basically." I explained.

"Wow, that's like Edwards!" Emmet boomed.

"What's like me?" He asked coming into the room and stopped to look at me.

"Renesmees gift is like yours, except she can send thoughts as well as read them." Carlisle said coming in behind him holding onto Renesmees shoulders.

"Edward, can I not be blind now? It's disorienting." Renesmee smiled at the wall.

"Okay okay." I laughed and re-linked us.

As her mirrored sight returned to her she laughed that she was still staring at the wall and skipped over to me and sat as close as she could beside me.

"Much better." She giggled.

"Did you get all of your cuts fixed?" I asked and she nodded.

"You two have a very impressive healing rate. We had hardly gotten to my office before they were all healed up." Carlisle laughed.

"Hybrid nature. We all have the same basic traits. Extensive healing, fast heartbeats, higher temperature, charm, and vampiric looks." I told them and they all looked shocked.

"I didn't even think such a thing was possible as humans and vampires mating." Carlisle sat back looking deep in thought.

"Eww. Mating. That sounds disgusting." Renesmee giggled while crinkling her nose making everyone laugh.

"I never knew." Edward sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I instantly recognized the trait I share.

"All these years and I never even knew I had children out there." He put his face in his hands.

"Can you forgive me?" He shot his head up suddenly looking me deep in the eyes.

"I already have. You know that." Renesmee responded smiling brightly.

"I know sweetheart. I meant your brother." He smiled at her and turned back to me.

"It was never your fault to begin with. There's nothing to forgive." I answered and everyone again looked deeply shocked.

"That's very kind of you." Esme smiled at me.

"You all never even thought Hybrids were possible. You never thought to prepare for a case like this. I understand you left out of fear of hurting our mother and you genuinely wanted to protect her. You didn't know she was pregnant, why would you even consider it? There is nothing to forgive because you simply were unaware of the situation. I'm sure if you all had known you would have come running to help. I can tell you all deeply care about our mother, you want what's best for her and now us." I smiled at them all when I stopped my rant.