Chapter Ten

Edward Jr. Is now indicated by his nickname (EJ) from the Denalies. Edward Sr. Is just Edward, hope this helps!

*******************

Bella POV

"And down goes Renesmee." EJ laughed as Ren slipped into sleep.

"I'll make sure to laugh at you later when you fall asleep mid conversation for picking fun of your sister." I smiled.

"I'm not going to fall asleep mid conversation." He smirked and I shot a look at Edward, curse him for passing that sweet look to our kids.

"You're so sure?" I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, because I'm going to take Ren home to her own bed and then I'm going to try to get some decent sleep." He laughed, got up out of the floor and came over to where I was standing by the doorway.

He gave me a sweet hug and I kissed his cheek as he turned back to go pick up Ren.

"Be careful. Don't drop her please, wouldn't want paralyze her after your grandfather so graciously unblinded her." I laughed.

"I've got her, I've got her." He mumbled on his way to the door.

"There's sleep aid medication in the cabinet." I called out to him.

"Thanks, are you not coming home?" He asked.

"No, I'm going to stay here and talk a bit. I'll be home soon." I answered as he headed out to his car.

"Bella, you seem to still have a hold on them." Eleazar commented.

"Not for long." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, we're all confused." Jasper interrupted and I realized I had never really talked much about my concerns.

"The twins are going to leave me alone, again." I answered and everyone looked at me sadly, except for a grinning Tanya.

"Maybe it's all for the best Bella, we all know how good you are about being alone." Tanya smirked and I suppressed the urge to kill her, Jasper flinched out of the corner of my eye and shot a look at Edward.

Maybe I'm not the only one having murderous thoughts.

"Girls, why don't you all run up to Canada right fast and hunt a little, hmm? It's been a bit and I'm sure Bella will appreciate the extra caution." Eleazar practically threw the girls out and as he shut the door he turned to face me.

"You just had to bring Tanya." I sneered.

"Like I could've gotten her to stay home!" He cried, throwing his arms in the air.

"I actually would prefer to have Irina here above Tanya. And the last time I saw Irina she tried to kill me." I grumbled.

"Oh she made herself clear she did not want to be of any help to you." He sighed, settling back down into his seat.

"Bella, why don't you sit? You seem so out of place standing like that. I'm afraid you're going to disappear." Esme cried.

To please her I went and sat next to Eleazar on the love seat. Edward frowned and I mentally laughed at the thought that he had wanted me to sit by him.

Eleazar threw an arm on the back of the seat, draping it around my shoulders in a familial way.

"So Bella, what are you planning to do about the Twins?" He asked me.

"Ugh." I threw my face into my hands, burying myself in my hair.

"Just because you refuse to speak of it, does not make your problem go away. Although that is a lovely thought." Eleazar sighed.

"Ugh. I don't want to be alone again." I cried into my hands. "It was Hell when they were gone. And they were gone for a very long time Elz."

"I know, it's hard to let them go. But they are technically adults Bella, you've raised them wonderfully, you've done you're job as a mother." He spoke gently.

"So this is it?! After everything I've been through, after everything I've done! I'm just not a mother anymore, now I just get to be alone?! How is that fair?" I started yelling.

Eleazar regarded me with a cold expression and I remembered myself.

"You're still a mother, just not one to children. We had this conversation when they first started traveling. Yes, I believe there has been great injustices committed against you. As there has been at least one on everyone here. Maybe if you are so scared of being alone again, maybe you should reconcile with your family." He smirked at me and the Cullens got a hopeful look on their faces.

"I need another option, I can't do that yet." I sighed, looking at the floor.

"Well, you could try staying with us again but Tanya would drive you crazy and I can't guarantee I could keep Irina from killing you."

"Options." I sighed.

"The Volturi will always take you back." He sighed, obviously troubled.

"Take you back?!" Edward cried out in shock.

"I stayed with the Volturi for a brief time." I sighed, I was so hoping the Cullens wouldn't find out about that part of my past.

"Why?" Carlisle cried.

"The twins had been seen by a guard member while on their travels, the Volturi has known about them since they were young, and Aro called me. He said he was checking in, and then invited me to stay in the castle for a 'bit of a vacation', as he said. I agreed in my state of depression. I ended up staying a decade and a half, up until Renesmee was blinded."

"Well...that sounds...nice." Carlisle hesitated, probably concerned about my diet or maybe he was remembering some of the horrors from when he himself was a member.

"I kept my diet." I sighed.

"That's not what I was worried about. Sulpicia has been dead for a long time now, since shortly after your marriage, I was worried Aro might have..." He had to stop himself and I cringed.

"Well, we both know Aro. What he wants, he gets." I looked up at him with dead eyes and he looked just as dead as I felt.

"You agreed?" He asked quietly.

"No," I shook my head sadly as tears sprang to my eyes "I was forced."

"Forced to do what?" Edward asked, obviously no one but Carlisle, Elz, and myself knew what happened.

"Chelsea somehow figured out how to hook me, I wanted to stop, I wanted to leave and never look back, but I was stuck. I was so loyal I would do anything they asked." I cried into my hands.

Edward got on his knees in front of me, grabbed my hands, and demanded softly "Bella, what did they make you do."

"I didn't want to, please believe me! I felt like I was cheating on you and I hated it. Chelsea would yell at me all about how you didn't want me but that didn't mean I didn't want you! I just wanted you, if I had you then I could've broken away. I didn't want to cheat on you!" I became panicked and he cupped my face.

"Bella, did Aro rape you." He demanded, his golden eyes invited me to speak just like when I was human.

"Yes." I spoke barely above a whisper and every Cullen screamed.