Chapter Eleven

Bella POV

"You can't keep running away from them you know." EJ sighed, sitting down beside me.

I've been sitting on the roof of Charlie's house for the past two hours, ever since I left the Cullens.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked and he sighed deeply.

"No." He responded curtly, very unlike him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, already knowing the problem was me.

"Why do you always do that? Why do you just ignore everything that makes you uncomfortable? You've done that ever since I can remember. People are just trying to help you. I'm just trying to help you mom." He sighed, pulling his legs up against his chest, wrapping his arms around his legs, and resting his chin on his knees.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and curled up against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"It's okay, you can't help it." He sighed, throwing one of his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm trying." I spoke softly, feeling like I wanted to cry.

"I know."

"Bella?" A very familiar velvety voice called out from the tree line.

"I'll leave you two alone." EJ smirked.

"Yeah yeah, get some sleep, please." I kissed his cheek and he swung down from the roof back into his and Renesmees room.

"Do you mind if we talk?" Edward asked from the ground.

"I'm coming." I sighed, dropping silently from the roof.

His bronze hair caught in the moonlight, turning it an eerily lovely reddish white. His unique shade of honey golden eyes glowed in the darkness, drawing me in like always.

"You look stunning." He smiled that sweet, crooked smile he unconsciously passed onto our children.

"You look dazzling." I spoke before I thought.

He looked at me completely stunned and shocked, taken aback by my sudden complement. A goofy grin broke out across his face.

"So I still dazzle you huh?" He smirked.

"Completely." I sighed.

"Bella, I'm so sorry, please realize that. I have lived in agony without you, I thought I was doing right by you by leaving. You would think that I would have realized the first time that separation wasn't the best for either of us, but it seemed to be the only thing I could do to keep myself from hurting you." He cried.

"Edward, please, I don't need an apology."

"You're right. You don't." He surprised me. "You need a friend, someone you can trust, someone you can talk too."

"I don't trust you, not anymore." I snapped my walls back into place.

"I know that," he put his hands up in defense "I'm just asking for a chance. Just a small, insignificant chance for me to earn back a portion of your trust. I can't ask for more then that, that's unfair to you and undeserving of me. I'm just asking for the chance to be your friend. I hate knowing your hurting so much when you just need someone to talk things through with." He sighed.