Chapter Six

"Did you even hear me Eleazer! The Cullens are here, in Forks, and my kids are with them!" I shouted as I absent-mindedly rubbed the burn on my arm.

"Bella, dear, calm down please. I understand you're upset, you're justified to feel the way you do, but Renesmee and Edward are good kids. They have sound judgement." Eleazer tried to help to situation like always.

"I-I just don't know what to do." I cried as I slumped down onto the couch.

"Well, it seems like you'll have to make a decision. Do you really want nothing to do with them...or..."

"Or what." I sat up repulsed by what I thought he was implying.

"You seem to have figured things out yourself," he paused "as usual." He sighed deeply "Would you like us to come down?"

"No, I don't think that would be too good for the kids at the moment. Thanks though." I smiled to myself.

"Of course Bella. We're here for you, just call me anytime." And with that he hung up.

I paced around the house forever thinking about what Eleazer had meant. I was in a daze, the only things I could think about were the Cullens. My life before them, my life with them, my life in the brief time he had left and how it affected my life with them after, and then him leaving again.

I miss Carlisle and Esme a lot. The constant loving parental figures would be a blessing in disguise right now.

Alice, my sweet and lovely little best friend. Always able to charm anyone into instantly liking her. Maybe I had fallen victim like everyone else. Maybe I had let her charm me into thinking we were sisters...

The only thing that brought me out of my daze was my cell phone ringing.

"Hello?" I picked it up instantly, knowing it would be one of the kids.

"Mom, It's Ren. You need to come now."

I instantly panicked and shot across town as fast as possible. It was raining heavily and I got drenched as I approached the house. I didn't even bother to knock, I just rushed right in.

"Bella? Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to burst in without knocking?" Esme teased while I stood there tense and confused.

"I'm only kidding. We were expecting you. The kids are upstairs. I know how you don't like surprises so I must warn you that what you see might shock you." Esme continued and I rushed upstairs as my anxiety grew.

"Mom!" Renesmee cheered and threw her arms around me tightly.

"Oh my god your okay." I sighed in relief and my son raised an eyebrow in question.

"You two will never fail to give me heart attacks." I sighed deeply wrapping an arm around Rens shoulder.

"Mom, look at me." She said and I put my hands on her shoulders and faced her.

"That's a pretty necklace your wearing." She smiled up at me.

I was curious at first why she wanted me to look at her, until I realized Edward had left the room and she was still holding my eye contact.

"C-Can you...see me?" I almost cried.

"Yes, as a matter a fact I can!" She cheered and I hugged her tightly so she couldn't see my expression.

I'm officially in grieving. No doubt I will lose my kids now. They travelled all the time when they were younger but I was always able to get them to come back. What can I do now? They're fifty years old! Like I'm going to have any lead way?

"Bella don't look so sad." Jasper shot me a half smile and I remembered that the Cullens were in the room.

"Your sad." Ren quietly prodded.

"I'm not sad, I'm just really happy for you Renesmee." I kissed her cheek and turned away quickly.

"So, how did you get your sight back?" I asked her after I had composed myself.

"Grampa! He's the best person in the whole world!" She smiled at me and flashed a brilliant smirk at the Cullens.

Carlisle. Carlisle figured out a way to help her and then...did. He didn't have to. He didn't even ask her for anything in return I bet my existence.

The Cullens love my kids.

"Yeah...he really is." I smiled back at Ren and gave the Cullens my best attempt of a smile which turned into a small smirk.

They all smiled widely at me in response.