Chapter Seven

Bella POV

Renesmee and my son immediately started chatting happily, it was if Renesmee had never lost her sight at all. They were both so attuned to each other, so utterly content as they went about the house laughing and holding direct eye contact the whole time.

I realized how much they had missed this. How much I had missed this. Renesmee had missed her fun loving, blissfully happy brother. The brother who would pick on her constantly all while holding her dear to his heart. Edward Jr. had missed his sister. The sister who didn't have to rely on him to help her down the stairs, or out to the car, or well...anything really. The only thing she relied on him for was being her brother. They would both protect each other at any cost.

I had missed this much more then I realized. Seeing them, so happy and carefree, I realized how that all suddenly stopped after Renesmees eyesight was lost. It became a constant struggle to help her adjust. Especially since she was so heartbroken about it. My poor son took so much stress upon himself and I hope Renesmee appreciates him. Who am I kidding of course she does! She appreciates everything.

"Mom? Edward and I we're wondering if it would be okay for us to go on a quick run, since I can do it on my own now!" She smiled at me brilliantly and I froze momentarily.

Is it already starting? Are they already distancing themselves from me? They used to travel by themselves a lot but when Renesmee got blinded they stayed with me. I became a constant mother figure just like when they were little. Is that all about to end? Does it start with a few runs and hunting trips and ends up with them roaming Europe for a decade again?

"Bella?" Alice's voice shocked me out of my thoughts "Renesmee asked you a question."

"Right." I turned back to face my kids "Of course it's alright sweetheart. Just be careful." I hugged her quickly "Take care of your sister." I pointed at my son.

"Always." He smirked and they took off.

"They really are amazing." Edwards voice startled me and his same musical tone from all those years ago brought back some painful memories.

"Yeah, they're perfect. I couldn't ask for better kids." I smiled to myself as I watched the tree line from out the window.

"Bella," he sighed "We need to talk. All of us."

"I know. Let's go." I said still not looking directly at him. We headed down the stairs to the dinning room where everyone else was already gathered. I knew I was going to be grilled for answers when Carlisle offered me a seat at the head of the table.

"Bella, where did you go?" Esme asked calmly.

"The Denalies. They helped me and have cared for us like family. It's a debt I'll never be able to repay." I put my head in my hands.

"I'm so sorry." Edward spoke with his hands covering his face in a gesture of pure embarrassment. "I couldn't stand to see you so...broken. I told myself I was doing what was best for you. I only thought of myself though when I left."

"You were very selfish. I...hated you. I never wanted to hate you, any of you, but I did. After you left I hated you with a burning passion. I cried and I wanted to die and then I realized I was pregnant. I just about died of shock but I knew I had someone else besides myself to worry about so I made a plan. I remembered the Denalies had given me their phone numbers and I called Eleazar. He was shocked to say the least but agreed to help me. He said I was family and it didn't matter to them wether you all wanted me or not. I had a lot of time to think while I was bedridden during the twins pregnancy. As much as I wanted to hate you all I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to do that. I still loved you all, but it has been too painful to think about you."

"Bella, we never forgot about you. Look around the house, there's pictures of you everywhere! We were all so shocked and hurt for a long time after Edward left. We wanted to get in touch but we decided to follow Edwards wishes. I wished I would've went ahead and searched for you like I wanted." Carlisle sighed.

"I really truly do care for you all...its just so painful. I'm going to need time. You're just going to have to wait. Plus, to add on top of this mess the children are independent again." I sighed.

"They love you, look at little Edward, he stopped you didn't he?" Alice smiled at me and realization flashed through me.

"He told you I tried to kill myself?!" I cried.

"No, I saw through his thoughts." Edward sighed.

"Of course you did." I grumbled feeling completely ashamed.

"Bella, why would you try something that drastic?" Jasper asked cautiously.

"I just got to thinking to much about everything. I just snapped. I didn't even feel like me anymore. I attacked my own son! I hurt him so deeply! I just couldn't cope with everything falling apart around me."

Light footfalls where nearing the house and I pulled myself together quickly.

"Everyone just act normal, the kids are coming." I spoke quickly as the kids came in laughing.

"Hello everyone!" Renesmee smiled brightly, her hair in a mess and her bright green eyes looking wild. The picture of pure exhilaration.

"Hello, darling. How was your run?" Esme asked her sweetly.

"It was great Ed-" she was mid sentence when her brother came out of nowhere and pounced on her knocking them both to the ground in a heap of pure laughter.

Looks like my children are back to their old selves.