Chapter 8: I Know What I Saw

"You seemed had outdone it, so much this time princess," She pauses glaring at me.

She was still wearing her glasses but the tone of her voice, it was the sound my memory still recognize especially the last word she used to addressed me. 

"Speechless? Why?" My heart begins to pump vastly but I felt like it stopped the moment she completed her sentence. "Cat got your tongue Young Russell..."

For a split second I was pale, "N-No..." It was the word I could barely whisper. I'm doomed.

 I retreated a step away from her. 

Amber irked a brow upon hearing my anxious denial. "What? You can't possibly have forgotten about me, can't you?" Then she took a step closer. 

I swear I had utter some cursing words to myself when I smelled her Jasmine scent of perfume which automatically lead me shutting my eyes in confirmation, it was the stranger's scent that I had always thought of. 

She pulled a half smile with her pink swollen lips, "After all..." She pauses to lean forward to my ear and whispers, "I did left you a parting gift not to forget that night didn't I?" She pointed a finger on my chest. 

I shudder from remembering the mark she scandalously left me, my face flushed red as I slapped her distant pointing finger away from me and steps back. 

I looked at Khrystle fearing she heard the indecent audacity of the person in front of me. My confused best friend worriedly steps in but Amber raised a hand to stop her. 

"I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to let your best friend off this time Khrystle." Her eyes were still at me.

She then took off her thick glasses and grasped it hard, crushing it to the process. Revealing those breathtaking icy emerald eyes, flash back of the look of those deep green orbs which belongs to the nameless stranger struck my mindI swallowed hard as beads of sweats forms and falls from the right side of my temple.  Rage was evident Amber was just holding it back knowing everyone's eyes at the back stage is all on us. 

The buzzing created by the impatient people outside made her looked out to the direction of the stage, cutting the silent tension strongly building between the two of us.

She pulled a heavy sigh and proceeds to walk out the closed curtains. 

Flashbacks images of her pain during the night of our first encounter creeps into my senses that made me grab her wrist. "Stay..." 

I saw confusion crossed Khrystle' face upon hearing my sudden change of mood from being a careless manipulative bitch to a worried schoolgirl. 

I cringed when she coldly stared back at me. Never have I felt my soul jumped out of my system just by receiving a glare from someone else and how Amber effortlessly had done that same effect in me numerously in just these given minutes. Her enchanting emerald green eyes possessed so much power over me. 

Amber pulled her hand away from my hand. "It's too late for that princess. I don't need your father's pathetic help." Then she steps outside the red curtains leaving me knees weakened and speechless. 

She walks to the center stage to face the crowd and made a bow before seating in front of the awaiting black grand piano, the commotion hasn't stopped yet, most where still pissed off feeling insulted by the sudden unprofessional delay of the program. Blatantly insults from pairs of different voices and mockery comments where thrown not just at her but the whole program.

After adjusting her seat the blond pulled another heavy breathe, 

It was the sudden blast of melody that shut them into silence from the raging piece of the great Franz Liszt', the Transcendental Etudes in F minor from S 139 No. 10. Amber's eyes were shut close, feeling the intensity play of one the world's difficult piano piece.