Chapter 16: Miss Golden Berries

"Y- you think so..?" The four year old kid sniffled hard preventing the flow on her reddening nose, making sure that the hopeful wish she was getting from the taller red haired lady was accurate. "They said, that Miss Golden Berries will never return here, that she has already forgotten about us..." Tears are again about to pour on those chocolaty orbs.

She look at the Latina volunteer in front of her asking for some glimmer of hope of the probable positive answer the kid was asking, but her classmate just had just given her an unseemingly clueless frown.

The ballerina bit her bottom lip, "No it can't be, there's no way she will ever forget about you little angels here. She will return it may not be today, but there's a lot of hope as tomorrows are endless right? So you must never give up." She tried so hard to cheer.

The kid keep on sobbing and sobbing, telling her about this certain orphan named Leo. "He s-said Miss Golden Berries had enough of us-other children being this crybaby, that's why she left. I just cannot help... i-it, we missed her..."

"That's ridiculous, I bet she just doing some important stuffs, some good things for you kiddos. She will be back, so please wipe that sulky face now, you don't want to have Miss Golden Berries felt bad for making you cry, don't you?"

Carmel was in awe but was quick in giving her an appreciative look when the red-haired glimpse her way. She was never used to see their school's ever cold and bitchy queen bee being caught up with this compromising vulnerable situation. It was even awkward when she first heard of Andrea being assigned to this place, for she never had any idea how to deal with the demandingly mean queen bee that everybody seems so eager to please. Khrystle usually told her that the Andrea they usually see is too different from the real one whom the club president knows. She usually questioned the possible goodness in those usually fierce or passive hazel orbs which is now looking so comforting and caring for the little kid in her arms, it was so refreshing to see this different side of the known spoiled rebellious chancellor's daughter.

The little one squint her eyes close, wiping off the tears away from it, and lets out a heavy breathe to fight the involuntary sobs breaking out of her little figure. "No I won't, Miss Golden Berries once told me that real princesses are natural born strong. They are never meant to be saved always by those princes. They work on their own, even if they get to ride their own horses no matter what!"

The red haired smiled upon hearing the new found determination in that innocent gaze.

The kid asked to be put back down on the ground which she obliged, but never let go of the little grasp which still clings to her. "Now tell me more about this infamous Miss Golden Berries then." She inquired in hopes that bringing out the sensitive person's subject to the kid will spark good memories rather than the bitter one.

"Oh, oh she was the best! The sweetest person I ever met! And, and the prettiest one to0!"

The kid spread her arms energetically and making these animatedly facial expressions, making the both teenagers giggled.

"Nah, that can't be fair Liz. Are you saying that me and Andrea here are not pretty enough for you?" Carmel playfully pouted.

"She's right little one, am I not being too nice at all?" Andrea joined in.

The little kid guiltily shook her head. "No both of you big sisters are pretty and sweet, Miss Golden Berries are just the sweetest and the most prettiest! She always plays and sings for us. Everybody here adores her because she was everything!"

"Hmp, we can't take that... I feel jealous, I can cook and make sweets for you and everybody loves my pastries too! And Andrea right her is one of the best ballerina she can all teach you all kids how to dance like a princess!"