Chapter 22: From Scratch

"Shut up! Really"

"For the love of God Carmel! the knife, will you put it down when you talk?" Khrystle shot.  She were hands-up, on reminding Carmel on keeping her voice down. The volunteer arrived along with Mrs. Sawyer and the other teenagers from the market. Since then, she had not stop on bombarding everyone with questions about Amber.

"Oh, sorry... But again, how does she looked like? What was she wearing? Amber I mean, Miss Cornell was gorgeous As--efF." Carmel tried to be discreet with the last two words earning giggles from the other girls. "That must be freaking hot!"

"Oh she is! It was intense!"

"Yes, the sponsor was in her boho dress, when she single evenhandedly defended the sanctuary from those arrogant jerks. It was gruesome but dAng..."

"DAmn girl! how could I missed such a thing??" She wiggled the knife she was holding animatedly.

Khrystle shook her head upon hearing the girls' blatant adoration for the said blonde, but if she could be honest too?She recalled the heavenly features of the former prodigy's voluptuous body that was luckily exposed to her during their bathroom encounter at school, before the benefit concert. Amber is gorgeous and hot as fuck, hell Aphrodite herself might get insecure. 

And these ladies fan-girling about the fearless female sponsor was the proof of how a natural charmer Amber truly was. Now she no longer wonders why her Gilbourne lady-hooker charm does not work in the said place.

"Uhm so how was Miss Cornell as a student?" Ask the other young volunteer.

"Nah, she doesn't interact much with anyone. She would always be at the corner of the room with her headset on." Carmel answered, peeling off the potatoes and a bunch of carrots and other vegetables. "It made me wonder if it wasn't because of Andrea's past bullyi-"

The junior high school journalist immediately cupped Carmel's blabbering mouth before she get to have every person in the place hunt her best friend down.

"Yeah if it was not because of those bullies who harassed us Khryst, Carmel and I will not even end up being friends." The red-haired lady nonchalantly interjected, walking inside the kitchen.

Carmel swallowed when the queen b swiftly glared daggers on her. "Y-yeah there are many mean girls and boys at school." She defensively interjected.

"How'd it go Drei?" The raven-haired asked, loosening her hands around the nervous volunteer's mouth.

Andrea brushed her hair up and rolled her eyes over her best friend. 

This was all her fault. She bolted away from the music before the reprehensible pianist makes fun of her. "You've got no idea..." She sat down pulling out an exasperated sigh.

"What do you mean?"

"Later, let me breathe."

Khrystle give her a skeptical look but decided to give up and just ask her later.

"I could still not believe that the ever warm and gentle Miss Berries is capable of such temper." Said the other volunteer, bringing up the topic they had earlier. 

Andrea silently rolls her eyes. Seriously? again it is Amber.

"Nobody has seen that coming. Those men had been around for the past weeks. Miss Cornell snapped when they started talking garbage regarding people here at Paradiso, you know how she gets to be really protective when it comes to us." Answered the one female younger volunteer.