Chapter 24: To be your light

"Trust in the power of your heart for it holds melodies that answers to what we never thought our soul was missing just listen to it and don't be afraid to take each steps to the path where it might leads you. "

"What if it leads me to a path that does not meet my expectations gramps?"

"How will you know if you won't even try?" Grandpa Ezra provoked.

The blonde kid was seated on her grandfather's lap when he finally announced the sudden visitation to the McHavey's estate which will take place tonight. And for some reason the founder was asking her to perform for them.

'Yeah right, just when I am not expecting it. I mean I'm not prepared! She was having an inner battle while she continued to speak.

"Well that's exactly what I followed, when I found out about your gift dearie. I've always told you about it, right?"

"Yeah, that it was you my dearest grandpa discovered how I'm destined to greatness." The kid mimicked how the old man tends to brag on everyone regarding how he found out about her love for classical music when she was a toddler. Lifting her head up high, with her other arm supporting a hand below her chin, Amber lowered down her voice just to sound like how the founder talks, he laughs twitching the gray thick beard surrounding his mouth.

Adoringly patted her head and then messes my braided golden locks as the little pianist pouted knowing she needs to fix the mess later.

"Really Gramps, Can't I just do it the next time we pay them a visit?"

Seeing the reluctance in her angelic face he gently spoke and begins to uplift Amber. "Child, why are you hesitating? The last time I heard was you were so excited to see them and the young Sofia McHavey aren't you? And it had already been a year. Tonight is the night."

"But I'm not ready still. I'm still not that good, I thought I was but... but... I've heard that Sophia is..."

"Precisely my point honey, the young lady needs to be uplifted. I've heard about how pretty sad she had been these past few days. Did you not used to tell me how she had transpired the unknown fondness you have for that giant piece?" he pointed at the brown piano.

The little blonde nodded though her eyes were still on the floor. "It does make sense. But I- I don't know why but I feel still not sure about it, what if I messed up and disappoint her? I don't want to embarrass you, Gramps and Mr. McHavey will surely make fun of papa if that happens."

"That is just a friendly banter among adult boys dearie, that man may be boastful but he has something to brag about because young Sophia is indeed a fine instrumentalist. But I doubt if he'll do it when I'm around I'm still the big boss right? I'll make him regret it if he does something that stupid."

"Now you're the one who's being too full on yourself gramps. That's being mean!" The kid playfully accused.

Sir Ezra's laugh filled the whole room. Amber remained with a sulky expression till he calmed down and noticed her perturb look. Her eyes were misty and her shoulders were stiff.

"Nicole?"

"Grandpa pretty pleease?" She was giving him the puppy eyes he usually gave into.

He sighed. "Fine, if you're being that adamant I won't push you but you have to promise me that next time you'll do it, for me okay?"