Chapter 19: A Princess I'd Rather Be Instead of a Queen

I am so used to being grace with everybody's attention, although I am never pleased with the feeling, it became conditional when it was already given when you excel at everything you do. A gold medalist during my younger gymnastic days, a promising Prima ballerina of our ballet class, an A-straight student or most of all, the reigning Queen bee of our high school department. But today, I completely had even asked myself if I was that person? 

It had been a couple of minutes since everyone gathers around the Italian international lady disc jockey and I was just here in the corner of this room standing still... Since I heard Paul acknowledged Jessica Petrova's presence, I was lost in words especially when I witnessed how she nonchalantly pecks Amber's pinkish lips in front of everybody and Paul whom was now wrapped on her other arm as if it what she did was nothing.

How she non verbally gave the pianist a worried look inquiring 'if she is okay?' and how her angelic face reciprocated it with a faint but reassuring smile when Amber had approached the brown haired DJ. She's so comfortable with her.

I felt like stepping back to walk away from that room or be possibly carried by this sudden gale I feel out of nowhere. Last night or just minutes ago I was over poured by her unwavering gaze and attention, but now I felt like I did not exist at all. Damn... what the fuck I'm expecting? Shouldn't I be glad that everything turns out easier for me?

I shook my head. I bowed down to take a step and make a silent exit when I felt a gentle tugged in the side of my dress. being inattentive again, I had forgotten about my little companion beside me. I was quite puzzled when I saw the pout on her adorable lips, descending down to my knees I tried to inquire what seems to be bugging the cute face of the little orphan.

"Hey, what's with grim face little one?" I tried to put some humor on it trying to lighten up the mood but she got even more vexed, she crossed her little arms in front of her as she eyed the people gathered in front particularly, the Italian musician whom arms are still around Amber and Paul.

"So, it was her again the one meanie-Leo was talking about..."

"Huh?"

She snaps her head looking to the other side. "Hmp, I don't like her."

Little Liz suddenly ran away I tried to call her attention back but she ignores me and goes on with her long run downstairs outside the building. The chasing stopped when I manage to reached her at the huge back area of the private orphanage sanctuary. I was already catching my breath so as the four year old kid when she decided to slump down the grassy field of the beautifully landscaped garden where a clear pond was also at sight. I had chosen to sit down on the huge shiny rock near her. 

"No more chasing little one please?" I pant, confused over the reason of her sudden outburst.

"I-I don't like her here, why is she even here?" Gasping for more air she completely laid down.

Still thinking of what or whom she prefers to I keep my eye glued to her, wanting to give the child time to open up. I looked down to her sulking face.

"Meanie-Leo was already around blocking my way from Miss Golden Berries but that is okay. Leo is my friend, even if he is always rude and mean like he always is but she is like a brother to Miss Berries." The little girl pauses and for some quite reason flustered. "And I like Miss Berries that when I grow up? I want her to be my prince charming."

My jaw dropped upon her statement, not sure if I should be shocked or be amused. What the?? This kid... am I really talking to a four year old kid here?? I lifted a finger to sort things out.

"Wooa, Wait there little one aren't you too young to like someone? And baby let me make this clear, prince charming are boys not girls and princesses are for princes. If you wish to be a princess like you always said? You should go for a prince then."