Chapter 25: Ethereal Heart

"You shouldn't be here, you know that right?"

"And so do you, I mean... Today's Sir Ezra's funeral."

"I know."

Hesitant to bring up the prodigy's lost, Sophia kept her eyes on the set of books on the wooden shelves she's running her hands from, she remained standing in that area hoping for an adequate explanation from the silent blonde.

Sophia just arrived at the prodigy's suite, to Amber's surprised which she ignored.

The violinist still doesn't get why?

The respectable founder's death was all over the news, making everybody thought that the young pianist' sold out concert will be put on hold. But she had surprised everyone when Amber had chosen to stay and alone go on with her piano concert here at Buenos Aires, skipping her grandfather's funeral.

The brunette was so furious when she had given up on persuading to change Amber's ridiculous decision about it. She even prevented her from communicating or seeing her during her usual recent treatment in hopes of that she could trigger some senses from her.

However days had already passed since then and it was hopeless. The fourteen years old musician was too hard headed; after being informed that Amber just landed alone in Argentina when the former violinist had sincerely sent her condolences to Sir Andrew by a phone call earlier.

Sophia without a hence had found herself booking a flight to be with her, despite of how her nuisance of an uncle, Stephen, convinced her father not to let her because of her still unstable condition. She managed to plead for his permission reminding her father how Amber had been with her all along, with a promise that she'll not hesitate to inform her private nurse and Clarissa if she felt something off. 

It's been six years, years of great struggle of fighting for her life countless treatments were done, temporary ones but it had somehow given what she had nearly lost. Some days were good some were not but the important thing about it is she's now back on her feet and through all those years the magnificent prodigy had never left her side. Amber did not even hesitate to be transferred and continue her study in New York just to be with her, which Sir Ezra and Sir Andrew undoubtedly supported because of the location of one of the best hospital where Sofia was kept in was favorably near in their said university. The family had been really good to her.

It was too absurd, Amber should not be here but at the side of her father. Even she was so against of this foolishness. Sophia will still do the same thing for the young Cornell especially in these darkest hours that nobody seemed to get hold of what is really running inside the pianist head.

She has seen it with her own eyes, how closed the bond shared between Amber and the late founder. There's no way that she is taking things lightly, especially now her father was miles away from her.

She cannot just let Amber be on her own.

Sofia walked towards where the pianist was now seated; she gently rested her chin on her shoulder, wrapping her arms around her. Amber's jawline were tense, an indication of how she is holding something back, it did not go unnoticed for the older instrumentalist.

"Hey..."

"What?"

"You don't need to go tough on me baby, It's just me you are with right now, it's just me."

She lightly stroked the stiffened muscle to ease it up and softly pecks the side temple of the fourteen year old lady. God she was never used to this poker expression on the usual warm ones plastered on her angelic face.