| Chapter Five : Things Happen... |

Once school was over, I found Mel, Harmony, and my siblings chatting. I sighed and walked over to them.

"Hey, tell ma I'll be home later. I'm gonna go hang out with some of the guys." I said, lying smoothly.

"Yeah yeah, okay. Have fun with Rachel...but not too much fun, you idiot." LyLy replied, waving me off.

I pursed my lips. "How did..." But I shook it off and nodded before I jogged over to my car, which Rachel was waiting for me in the passenger's seat.

I climbed in the drivers seat and started the engine and smiled over at her. "Hey, babe."

I leaned over and pecked her lips and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before I drove off.

"Where to?"

"I dunno. Where do you think, baby?"

"Well...I know a place." I replied after a while. I wasn't allowed to take anyone but my closest friends there. The little house my mom had when she was around my age.

She only nodded and smiled. I smiled back and drove off a bit faster than the speed limit.

We parked at the edge of the woods and I could see her frowning out of the corner of my eye.

"Woods? We're going into woods? Creepy, dark, woods?"

"Just a little ways. There's a surprise waiting in those woods."

"What? Like-like a bear, or a wolf, or some murderer?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No! Nothing like that! I promise. I wouldn't take you anywhere unless I thought it was safe."

Well, it would be safe until my mom found out what I did...

I turned the engine off and we got out. Once we were, we started walking in the woods. The crinkling of twigs and previously fallen leaves crunched under our feet as we walked. I held her hand and we found the key where mom had put it all those years ago. I smiled to myself and stuffed it in my pocket.

"It's not far now, babe." I said, leaning down swiftly to put a small peck on her head.

"Okay. But I swear, if this is gonna turn into something--"

"You're fine, I promise."

"What's that key for?" She practically squeaked.

"You'll see soon enough." I answered simply before we were closer to seeing the little house.

She saw it and gawked. "What-- how-- you're not rich though!"

"I have a lot of surprises where that came from, don't worry." I said, pecking her cheek and smiling.

She grinned and I took the key out of my pocket and put it in the keyhole and turned it. The soft click indicated I could now open the door. I smiled and winked.

"Ready?"

"Not really. I didn't realize Troy Todd had so much surprising factors."

"Well, be cautious. There's more where this comes from."

She chuckled and we went into the house. She looked all over, squealing in delight. I chucked and leaned against the wall as she examined everything. Once she had her fill of looking at the rooms and small fridge, she grinned and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Well, what a pleasant surprise."

I smiled and pecked her lips before I answered, "I know, right?!"

She scoffed and shook her head. "You're such an arrogant dipstick!"