| Chapter Seven : Waiting |

I sat in my last class for the day. My leg was bouncing up and down as I kept glancing at the clock. I wanted to get back to the hospital to see if Mel was awake, but stupid friggin' school is in the way of that. If I skip anything, mom'll be on my case, so I can't just...ditch it. I tried that once too many and that resulted in a bad ending.

I blew a sigh under my breath as I watched impatiently. Why can't time go faster when you want it to, and not when you don't want it to?

Finally five minutes later the bell rang. I was the first to jump up and grab my stuff. I was just about out of the door until the teacher told me to come to her. I groaned and quickly walked to her desk.

"Hello, Troy." She said just after she looked up from some papers. She smiled at me and the frowned. "I wanted to see if you knew how Melody is doing. It's such an awful thing that happened!"

"Yeah it is. I don't know, since yesterday nothing major really happened with her at all. She's still out." I frowned.

"That's too bad. I hope she'll be okay!"

"Yeah, me too."

"Alright, you can go. You're probably wanting to go see how she's do--" I was rushing out of the door before she could answer, smiling and waving as fast as I could.

Mrs. Dooley was one of the best teachers, but also one of the worst. She would find kids who seemed to like each other and try to get them together with any assignments she could think of. But if we didn't do something she asked, she would embarrass us somehow. She wasn't too harsh, but when things needed to be done, she made sure we got them done.

I sighed and walked through the crowd of teens, trying to get to the door but there were so many. Girls on either side of me, swooning, couples holding hands and looking at each other and basically running into anyone and everyone, guys in groups talking...I didn't think this school was big, but once everyone came out it was a different story.

I rushed out of the building and started down the stairs before a brunette haired girl stopped me and ran her hands over my chest and behind my neck into my hair. "Hey, cutie. Where do you think you're going?" She asked and grinned.

"To see a sick friend, now if you don't mind," I started, taking her arms and gently removing them. "I need to go now. Go find someone else to seduce."

I jogged down the rest of the stairs and to my car, getting in and starting it. I drove off to the hospital as quickly as I could.

Once I got there, I practically ran into her room and looked at the doctor standing there with a hopeful look. He only nodded and walked out. I sighed and slowly walked to the chair, watching Melody closely. Please...please wake up, Mels. I need you...

I sat in the chair and waited. I waited like I do every day; I waited for her to wake up. I waited to see her smile lighten up her face again. I waited to hear her beautiful voice and joke around with her. I simply waited for her to wake up.

I walked out of Mel's house and towards mine, but stopped once I saw ambulances coming towards me. They stopped in front of her house and men ran inside. I just left...she was fine?!

I ran back in to see her bloody. As if she were in a car accident in her own house...what...even...? I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw her pass out. My stomach churned and my heart pounded so hard it began to give me  headache. I rushed to follow the ambulance but they wouldn't allow me to, so I bolted for my car. I zoomed after them and got out at the hospital, making sure I was there every step of the way.

What kind of a freak accident is this...?!

They wouldn't let me go in the room, so I had to wait. Always waiting. I sat and waited and bounced my knee up and down, looking all around in a frantic manor. Finally a nurse came by and asked for Melody Knight and I pounced up at her.