| Chapter Thirteen : Sweet Sixteen Times Four |

Derek, Alex, and Bryan had taken Ly, Ace, Harm, and Mels to see a movie and then go to lunch so Trin, Seren, mom, and I could get the party set up. We decided to have it at a park so there was more room under a pavilion. I brought in some of the decorations from my car and we started putting them up. Banners and streamers and balloons.

"Hon, can you go to the store and get some soda and party poppers? I forgot to grab some when I got the cake." Trin called out to me. She grinned innocently. "Please?"

"Sure. Do you need more help or should I go now?" I asked, watching as they struggled a bit to get the big banner up. I covered my mouth and sniggered. "Maybe I should stay and help."

"No, no, we're fi--" Trin started before the banner slid slowly down as if in slow motion and landed right on her head.

Everyone but Trin started laughing historically.

"Very funny. Very mature." She said, muffled by the banner being over top of her.

"I'll stay and help, then." I chuckled out as I took it off. "Gosh, three helpless mothers." I winked and moved quickly away from Trin's swatting motions.

"Oh shut your mouth, boy." She stated, narrowing her eyes and crossing her arms as her hip jutted out to the side.

"Well, the boy has a point." My mom laughed out as she ruffled my hair, which was hardly ruffling since she was on her tip toes and barely reached the top of my head. Ah, the sweet sensation of being taller than my mother.

I grinned as I held one end of the long banner and mom grabbed the other end. Serenity held the middle and we put it up; or should I say, I put it up. I ended up helping with more stuff that was too high up for them, and then finally started walking towards my car.

"Get some ice cream, too!" My mom called out. "I'm thinking the girls ate it all already, because the two bins were in the trash. Gosh, those girls can pound it down."

"Ah, kind of like us, ah the good ol' days."

"Aw heck, we can still do it."

"Um, I always can have room for ice cream, so I dunno what you're talking about."

I rolled my eyes at them as I climbed into my car and turned the ignition on. I pulled out and drove away towards the store. Party poppers. Ice cream. Soda. Party poppers. Ice cream. Soda.

After a little bit of driving, I got to the store and shut my car off. I took the keys out and walked into the store, repeating those words in my head. If I forgot something, they'd kill me.

I ran in and looked down the aisles looking for everything. I had the ice cream and soda...but forgot the third thing.

"Holy crap what is that last one? I'd better remember. Shoot, shoot, shoot. I literally will die if I don't remember this. What even was it?! I said it literally half a minute ago. Why, brain, why must you do this?"

I blew a sigh and wandered around the aisles hoping I'd remember. Suddenly I ran into someone, almost knocking her over. But I caught her before she hit the ground.

"Oh my gosh I'm so so--" I started but her eyes widened and she sputtered. Her hair was a bleach blonde and slightly shorter than shoulder length. Her eyelashes were long, really long and her blue eyes stood out from the slight amount of amber eyeshadow on her lids.

My mom taught me to admire a girl's makeup, even if she didn't need it. Trinity taught me all shades and colors, of course.

"Alex?!"

"No, I'm not Alex. I'm Troy."

"Wow, you look so much like him."

"I'm sorry, who are you?"