| Chapter Six : Please Wake Up |

I had been waiting for minutes, but it felt like hours. The doctors already knew something, I knew they did, but I couldn't have the same knowledge. I sat on the chair and bounced my leg before I saw a nurse walk past. I jumped up and strode over to her as quickly as I could.

"Hey! Do you know anything about the condition of Melody Knight?" I asked, frowning.

She shrugged and looked down at her clipboard before she looked back up at me. "Are you family?"

"No, but--"

"Then I'm sorry, you cannot know unless you're family."

"What the heck kind of rule is that?!"

"It's simply policy."

"Look, I'm close enough to being family! I grew up with h--"

"I'm sorry, sir, but--"

"Too bad! Let me know. I deserve to know. I rode in with her for pity's sale!" I practically screamed out. I was already having the worst day, and now this.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot tell you this information directly unless a fa--"

About then was when Trin came raging in the room, half crying, half on a rage, and screamed, "WHERE IS MY BABY GIRL?! IS SHE OKAY? TROY!"

"I tried to get information out of this nurse but I'm not family, so..." I said, pursing my lips and looking back at the nurse.

Trinity whipped her attention to the girl standing in front of me and put on a smile. It wasn't a very happy one, though... "He may not be family but he sure as heck is close enough. He is my future son in la-- I mean he is my godson and he should be entitled to know how his gir-- I mean best friend is doing. Now, if you don't tell us what is happening right now, I will find out on my own. And we wouldn't like that." She said, venom practically spewing from her teeth. "Now, I would like to know how my daughter is doing and I would like to know her state."

"U-um, o-okay, Ma'am." The poor girl trembled. I started feeling bad for her, but I wanted to know what was going on with Mel. "Well... She-she's in surgery at the moment. She's lost too much blood and had a cardiac arrest. So-so they're trying to get her stable."

And like the snap of your fingers, Trin lost her smile. Her sass failed her, and she basically slumped into Derek's hands. My heart and stomach rose to my throat and I started feeling queasy again. I leaned against the desk which wasn't too far away from where we were.

"N-no...!" Trin whispered, her eyes widening. She looked back at the nurse with glistening eyes and tried to talk but it wasn't very loud, just loud enough for us to hear, "Is-is she at least stable?!"

"Well, at the moment she is. But...sadly...that could change at any time. Not only are they trying to stabilize her heart but also her blood."

Pictures flew through my mind from earlier. All that blood covering Mel's leg. Blood on her forehead. Blood on Austin. The stench of blood. I could feel something rising up my throat but I swallowed hard. I tried to keep listening in on the conversation but my mind kept focusing on the blood.

"Ahem, um, s-sir? Are you alright?" The nurse snapped me out of it for just a few seconds. I swallowed again. My mouth was beginning to feel much too wet.

"Ye-yeah, I'm fine. I uh... Just need a few." I replied.

Trin frowned more as did Derek but only Trin spoke up. "Are you sure you're alright, Troy? You're getting paler by the minute."

"I-I'm good... I'm just... Gonna go to the bathroom." I said quickly. I walked as quickly as I could to the bathroom. I went to the toilet and flew the lid open just in time to hurl in the bowl.