| Chapter Ten : A Bittersweet Melody of Thoughts |

I sighed and continued to watch the tv as I tried to straighten my thoughts out. I didn't know what to do, or even really what to think. I was too caught up in my jumbled mess of a brain.

We guys always say girls are the complicated ones, and most of the time we're right, but there are times where we can be just as complicated and confusing. I didn't want this to happen. I feel like such a cliche character in a movie right now, but how can I even help it? I guess I can't.

I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes, trying to engulf myself in darkness and figure something out, even if it was a small detail or a feeling, but I couldn't get anything to make sense.

After a while later I jolted up by the sound of someone screaming my name.

"TRRROOOOOOYYYYY! TROOOY BOOOOYYY!" The voice called. Mel.

I huffed at the door and heaved myself up off of the couch before I slid my shoes on and walked out the door. The cool spring breeze hit my face as soon as I stepped out. I looked over at Mel and Ly standing on Mel's porch talking. I watched them for a few minutes before I walked slowly over to her house.

"There you are! Gosh, going deaf are you?" Mel asked.

"Nah, just thought I'd make you wait longer." I winked.

Ly coughed out something that I couldn't quite catch, but it sounded like, "I think she's waited long enough for you, idiot."

I stared at Ly and then back at Mel, with my eyebrow up. Mel shrugged, apparently not hearing what Ly had said and laughed lightly.

"Well, if I'm to come over, I'll need your help. I can't get up and down stairs easily at all, so if you don't mind, help me kind sir." Mel requested, grinning and batting her eyelashes as if she were pleading me to help.

"Hmmm.... I'll think about it." I answered.

Ly rolled her eyes and scoffed. "You two act like such a couple sometimes, my gosh."

"Sure we do, suuure." I replied, narrowing my eyes and then rolling them.

"Well you do! The way you talk, the way you act...sheesh, just...Trelody already."

"Oh my gosh, shut up."

"Yeah, shut up, Lyric Todd." Mel piped in, narrowing her eyes.

Ly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Mel and I grinned at the same time and nodded our heads in approval. Ly looked at us and smirked.

"Alright, so, are we gonna go to your guy's place, or just stand here?"

Ly and I looked at one another and snickered before I replied, "Stay here. Just stay here. Yup."

Melody narrowed her eyes before she scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, okay. Sure."

"Well...! You asked." I sniggered.

Mel just stared at me, shaking her head. Ly watched us both, for far too long. I realized I had just stared at Mel and she was staring at me for far too long.

"Alright, love birds." She called out.

I narrowed my eyes and snapped my look to Ly. After I had decided to actually help Mel since we were just standing there, I grabbed her crutches and handed them to Ly.

Mel grabbed onto me as if her life depended on it. I gently picked her up and walked down the porch steps and started walking towards my house. Ly walked beside me while holding the crutches and Mel wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You don't have to carry me. I'm too heavy." She said softly.

I narrowed my eyes and glanced at her before I answered. "Shush your mouth, Melody. You are not heavy."