Thugs and Hood Love 3

Lyric's POV

It was 6:45 a.m. when I woke-up to the sound of my phone ringing, signaling me to get-up and get ready for work. The main reason why I worked at a legal job was cause I liked to just get away from the ghetto, and getting paid for it only made it much better.

I turned off my alarm and slowly got out of bed and started to walk to the bathroom to turn on the shower and pee. When the coldness hit my body, I wanted to instantly turn around and lay back down in my warm bed under my warm covers. The only reason why I was going to go ahead and go to work today was because Kayla had said she didn't want to be there by herself and that she had something to tell me. I had asked her to tell me on the phone, but she refused. Knowing her lying ass, she probably ain't have shit to tell me in the first place. But there was only one way for me to find out.

On my way to the bathroom, I had seen my momma knocked the hell out on the couch with no pants or shirt. "Damn shame," I mumbled under my breath.

Every since my momma became a drug addict to any and every drug available out on the streets, she didn't care about anything or anybody, not even herself. She didn't care if there was food in the kitchen, if the lights were on, if the water was running, or none of the other kind of motherly duties. For that reason, I hated her.

I hated her for what she did to herself, Aria, and me. I hated her because I was the one left to do all the motherly duties that my momma was supposed to do. I hated her for that, but the only thing I hated more than her was the fucking drugs that turned her against me.

Those same exact drugs that I sold out on the streets- to other folks momma and daddy and that helped keep a roof over my head- was the exact same drugs that had my momma mind all fucked up and twisted. After turning on the shower to the hottest that it could go so that it could knock out the cold in the bathroom, I went back into my room to find an outfit for today and grab my phone off its charger. After taking what seemed like forever on deciding what to wear today, I finally found an outfit that I could wear.

The summer needed to hurry up. I was ready to pull out the short shorts, sandals, bikinis, and the rest of the summer attire. I went back into the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as I opened the door, the hot steam hit me strongly in the face. "Shit," I said as I reflexively reached out to turn the handle to warm. I still had to do my hair some kind of way and brush my teeth, so I quickly left the bathroom wrapped around in my dry towel with my clothes for today and yesterday in separate hands. While doing this, I had to also try to keep my towel wrapped around my body.

On the way to my room, I stopped to throw my dirty clothes in the laundry room's basket. I then continued to walk to my room so that I could put on my clothes. When my dry towel had dropped to the floor after I had let it go, my nipples instantly got on hard because of the coldness in my room. I put on my yellow panties and bra set and clothes.

"Aria, come here," I yelled to her as I buttoned up my pants.

Aria was 16, with shoulder length dark-brown hair. Me and Aria looked nothing alike. The only way that people could tell we were sisters was by our bow legged walk.

"Never mind," I said as I entered back into the bathroom. I could hear Aria following closely behind me. When we got in the bathroom, Aria sat on the toilet seat top while I pulled out my jumbo, medium, and small sized curlers.

"Which one," I asked her as I held all three of them in my hands for her to choose from. "Medium," she said.

It took Aria 40 minutes to do my entire head. She had finished curling my hair and pinned it all up with Chinese sticks. "Thanks," I said while looking in the mirror one final time.