5

It was now 11:45 AM, and hour after the conversation. We had to make another pit-stop for gas. My mom waited in the car, while the rest of us exited the car to talk as we filled up on gas.

     "So that woman is your mom?!" Reese asked.

     "And you had no idea she was your mother?!" Sarah questioned.

     "Why do you guys make it sound like I'm responsible for all of this?! She just told me! I never knew her till now!" I explained. "Besides, do you think Pops knows who she is?"

     "I think I do." Pops replied. "I remember John mentioning the name of a woman named Rachel."

     "So her name is Rachel?" I asked, trying to remember what happened while the stranger was there.

     All I could remember was the man reminding her, "Rachel, you promised me you'd hand me the girl responsible for killing John Connor."

     "Let me get inside..." I said.

     I walked in the building by the gas pumps, asking the male employee, "Excuse me sir, have you seen a biker gang stop by here?"

     "A few. Why?" He questioned.

     "Because there's one in particular who wanted a girl named Randi Connor... Do you know that group?"

     His face became white as snow. "That's the Human Breakers." His teeth chattered. "The leader is Rachel Veronica."
      "Rachel Veronica? Was she married to John Connor?"
      "Yes..." Now his whole entire body shook.

     I just smiled and exclaimed cheerfully, "Okay! That's all I need to know! Bye!"

     He seemed terrified of the group. I don't know why, and I didn't care to know why. I returned to the three. "Her name is Rachel Veronica."

     "Pretty name!" Reese exclaimed.

     "And she's the leader of a biker gang called the Human Breakers. It just doesn't make sense! Why would she help Skynet if they were responsible for killing her?!"
      "Maybe she was forced to help them." Sarah guessed.

     "Good point."

     "Randi, calm down. We can find out about your family's life later. Right now, we need to stop that freak from coming after us." Reese commanded.

     "Alright! I'm in on that!"

     Reese was right. Everyone's life was important- not just mine.

* * *

     We returned inside, continuing to drive.

     "Rachel Veronica, I must ask you some questions." Pops said.

     Mom stared at Pops, terrified. "Why?"
      "I just need to ask you them."

     "Pops, what are you doing?!" I whispered.

     Why would Pops ask Mom questions all of the sudden? I could understand if he was trying to help me, but I didn't want Mom to hate me!

     "Stop it!" Reese exclaimed, covering my mouth and sitting beside me. "Let him do what he needs to do!"

     "Who is the man after us?" Pops began.

     "Skynet calls him D-900." She answered.

     "Was he responsible for your death?"

     Mom looked down, like she was remembering her death. She nodded her head and sniffled. "Yes."

     "How did you come back to life?"

     "John saved me. I just didn't join him because he was with Skynet."
      "That is all I need to know."

     He turned to me and smiled.

     Reese shook his head and uncovered my mouth. "That's messed up."
      I giggled. "No it isn't! It's funny!"

* * *

     (Reed's POV): I spoke to Derek, the one I was working for in the same tower where Randi and her friends fled. We had no choice but to stay there by his orders. Even though in Skynet he was called D-900, I just called him Dereck because of his orders. I've been working for him ever since he came to my door, and requested my service. I just couldn't say no, because I wanted Genisys to be launched again- with no interference.

     "We have to find them." He said, "And her mom."

     "Those guys are gonna pay for what they did. Especially that slut." I murmured.

     "Reed, one way or another. We'll get them. We just have to be patient."

* * *

(Randi's POV): As Sarah was driving, I suddenly heard gunshots being fired. I arouse from the couch, looking around, worried.

     "Randi, what's wrong?" Reese asked.

     "Gunshots! I can hear them!" I answered.

     In the windows to the side, I couldn't see anything; but when I looked through the windshield, I was completely speechless.