9

I couldn't believe I was a terminator. I wanted to be me again. But I felt as if that was impossible now. The only way I could be me again was by dying.

     I got out of the hospital bed while no one was looking. I found a JC-Penny a block away from the hospital, after leaving it. While no one was looking I took some clothes without paying, leaving the place. I just got a black tee shirt, a jean jacket, faded blue jeans with holes in it, a black beanie, and black boots. As I was walking, I put my hair in a curled plait braid with a few rubber bands I found in the JC Penny, and hid it under my ball cap with the chunks of metal against my head.

     What was I supposed to tell Reese, Sarah, Pops, and Mom now that I was a terminator? And how could I keep myself alive? I was in a big mess, and I had no idea how to get out of it.

     As I was walking in the ghost-town like city, I found a stranger run to me. "Hey!"

     "What do you want?" I exhaled.

     He ignored my question. "What are you doing all by yourself out here? Terminators are everywhere! They could kill you!"

     "Look, I appreciate you trying to help me, but I can handle myself. Trust me, I can."
      "No you can't! How old are you?"

     "That's none of your business."

     He screamed like a girl, pointing behind me. I turned my back, seeing an army of Skynet terminators coming.

     "You need to get inside with me!" He shouted, trying to pull me inside.

     I slipped out of his grip, approaching the terminators. "Randi Connor. You left us."
      "Because I don't belong with you." I said.

     They began to shoot at me, but I took cover inside an abandoned restaurant, struggling to figure out what I could do as a terminator.

     "C'mon... There's got to be something I can do..." I told myself.

     And there was. My eyes were like a camera in war. I came out, trying it out. I fixed my eyes on two terminators, and I began firing at them with my hand changing into an m-4 carbine. I killed them once I shot their souls. I got the others by doing the same thing. Once they were gone, the stranger rushed to me.

     "So, you're a terminator, too?" He asked.

     I nodded my head, trying not to cry. "Yeah. Skynet took me away from my family- friends! And they changed me into this. I don't know how to tell them I'm not me anymore. Also, I'm scared of people not trusting me, now that I'm a terminator."

     "Relax. Things are gonna get better." He assured. "Look, you can come with me- or I could come with you one in order to get through this whole entire apocalypse!"

     "How can I trust you? We just met!"

     "Because I hate Skynet just as much as you do."

     I had to think for a minute. I never heard a person say he hated Skynet, because mostly everyone I ran into loved Skynet. With the sincere look on his face, I knew I could trust him.

     "Reasonable enough!" I exclaimed.

     He chuckled, and held out his hand. "I'm Curtis."

     I accepted his handshake. "Randi."

     "You have a boy's name?" He asked.

     "No! It's not spelt like R-A-N-D-Y! Mine ends with an 'I'!"

     I was electrocuted again, screaming and falling on the ground. "Randi?! What's wrong?!"
      "I told you, not to betray us!" Derek shouted, approaching us.

     I shot the remote control in his hand, causing it to shatter into pieces like glass. Curtis helped me up as I continued to shoot bullets at Derek. However, when I shot him in the chest, I made him disappear.

     "Follow me!" Curtis exclaimed, holding my hand as my other one returned to its normal form.

     We got into a red truck parked by an old book store, where he drove away.

     "So why do you hate Skynet?" I asked.

     "Because I knew they had to be bad news. They killed my wife and son after I defended Kyle Reese's actions for standing up against them with some people by his side. Isn't it sad when someone kills your family and they aren't even sorry for what they've done?"

     Hearing his story broke my heart. Skynet were bunch of heartless villains, I get it. And pretty much, any other bad thing.

     "It is. They took my Dad and he was changed. I had no choice to kill him, since he was trying to kill me."