Chapter 4

Jade's POV

Althea left because she still have math exams. I was left here in my room with a bunch of plates to wash. Im not used to doing chores not because i dont want to but because i dont need to. We have help in our house who does things for me. My parents want me to bring one when i decided to study here in Baguio but i refused. i want to be independent and do things my way for myself. That's the main reason why I chose Baguio. I want freedom. Ok back to the plates. At first, i regret saying that ill be the one to wash them, but i felt embarassed to let Althea do it. She was the one who prepared breakfast and she still have to review for her exam. Ok ill just wash them later. I decided to sort some of my stuff for packing. Ill be going down for semestral break then come 2nd semester ill be staying in my new apartment. Im excited, at least I was. One reason i wanted to transfer because i wasnt happy. I do not have friends here. I know its my fault because i chose not to mingle with the others. So i decided to transfer where my blcokmates stay. But with the attention Althea is giving me, and the efforts she is exerting makes me think twice.

What time is it. Its 4:45pm. Althea's exam will start soon. I stood up to get my phone to text Althea God bless. But i realized that i do not have her number. Howell. Next time. The yellow tulip bouquet she gave me caught my attention. I already placed it in a vase. Its so pretty. How did she know that tulips are my favorite? I leaned towards the vase and got the note that lies beside it. It was the note that came with the flowers. What does Althea really want? Yes she said she wants us to be friends, but do friends send flowers and cook for their friends? But i have to take her word for it. If this is how Althea makes friends then i like it. Im actually enjoying it.

Althea's POV

My math finals went well, i think. I have an idea on all questions unlike the earlier exams on the subject. I was so excited to go home. But i decided to buy food for Jade and I. I also bought one stem of yellow stargazer. I picked the one with three flowers. Hmmm. Stargazers really smell good. And it actually is pretty too. Upon arriving home, i went straight to Jade's room. I knocked once then entered without waiting for Jade to answer. I found her sitting in her bed combing her long, chestnut brown, silky hair. She just showered, her hair still dripping wet. She's wearing her signature matching pajamas. Signature because of all the boarders, she's the only one who wears matching pajamas. I actually like it, she looks cute and adorable in it.

I walked to the table to place the food. She just continued doing her hair. I glaced at her but she wasnt looking at me.

"Hey pretty lady!" Then i handed her the flower i just bought. I was looking at her with my sweetest smile,

"O para saan nanaman yan? At marami pa akong flowers. Kakabigay mo lang kagabi diba? Thank you pala dun." Jade said.

"Wala un. Ito para bumango ung kwarto mo ang baho e. Hehe ." I said. I did not wait for her to get the stargazer, i just removed the plastic cover and placed it with the tulips.

"Ang sama mo. Mabango kaya ung kwarto ko. Bumabaho lang yo pag nandito ka! Jade defended.

"Haha mabango ako no. Ung kwarto mo talaga ang mabaho. O ang ganda rin naman e. At ang bango pa. Parang ikaw." Even i was shocked with what i said.

I looked at Jade and was glad that she did not catch what i just said. If she did i dont know what to say.

Jade's POV

"O ang ganda rin naman e. At ang bango pa. Parang ikaw." Yes i heard what Althea said. But i chose not to answer. Or i just didnt know how. I acted like i didnt hear it so the subject was dropped. And was not mentioned the whole night.

Althea bought food. She bought lasagna and fried chicken, two of my favorites.

"Paano mo nalaman na gusto ko tong mga to?" I asked curiously.

"A talaga? Actually hindi ko alam. I passed by the shop and decided to buy dinner. While I was browsing through the menu, these two caught my attention. Un binili ko na. Galing ko pala a. Buti na lang." Althea explained.

We talked while eating. She asked how my day went and i asked her how her exam went. We again talked about other stuff. On some topics, we argued since we have different takes on the matter. Althea will patiently explain her side, and i was really impressed on how she looks at things. A perspective really different from mine. She is like a breath of fresh air to me. Her laughs, her ways, her perspective. I feel happy everytime she's with me.

After dinner we decided to hang out more. We continued talking and telling stories about our lives to better know one another. I learned that she did not want to study here at first but she couldnt say no to her mom. I was listening to her attentively when i realized how beautiful she is. It made me realize that my irritation towards her in the beginning was my way of repelling her strong appeal. Suddenly the world started to drift and i can no longer hear Althea. All my attention and focus was in her face, her beautiful face.

I was awaken from my spacing out when Althea lay down on my bed and got comfortable.

"Pahiga a. Napagod din ako sa exam kanina at sa paglalakad. Higa ka rin. Halika." Then she pulled me towards her and into the bed. We are now laying side by side.

Althea's POV

"O ang ganda rin naman e. At ang bango pa. Parang ikaw!" Fuck! Why do i keep saying weird things to Jade. If i dont stop doing this, im sure i will get her irritated. Luckily she did not catch what i just said. We ate dinner while talking and telling stories about ourselves. Just our way to know each other a little bit better.

"Pahiga a. Napagod din ako sa exam kanina at sa paglalakad. Higa ka rin. Halika." I said then pulled Jade towards the bed. Once she was laying beside me. I held her hand with both of mine and raised it at the level of my eyes. I again felt the electricity at the exact moment out skin touched. The sensation brings shivers down my spine. I examined it carefully.

"Linis ng kuko a. Isa yan sa gusto ko, clean nails. ang lambot ng palad. At ang bango."

I held her hand and intertwined our fingers, then i lowered it at my side but did not let go. I continued telling stories while still holding Jade's hands. I can feel her uneasiness during the first few seconds but she relaxed thereafter and also held my hand. Then Jade raised our hands and played with it. I did not mind i actually like it. I hope she never stops. I continued with my stories while Jade played with our hands.

"Hindi ka ba napapagod?" Jade

"Saan?" Althea

"Sa pagsasalita. Kanina ka pa nagkkwento." Jade

"Ay ayaw mo na ako magkwento? Sorry." Althea

"Hindi naman sa ganun kaso kasi baka napapagod ka na." Jade with a smile.

"Uhm actually medyo masakit na rin lalamunan ko. Sige punta na ako sa kwarto ko para makapagpahinga ka na rin." Althea

"Mamaya na. Dito ka na muna." Jade

"Ok." Althea.

Jade and I stayed there in silence while we are both playing with our hands. No one is talking. Its just us and our playing hands. We both didnt realize that we dozed off. And slept with our hands held. It was my best night ever!