「Ch. IX | Riddle」

Another chapter of 2nd Generation, sorry I haven't been updating lately, my grandmama has been staying over the past few days which is why I haven't been updating, anyway, arigato for reading!

When Lela saw the flame, she froze. She recognised it as the same colour as the necklace that was usually around Yukira's neck. Lela ran closer, knowing the flame wouldn't hurt her, while Ryuu yelled at her to stop.

When Lela reached the doorway she noticed the small flame barely moved and let off no smoke. She leaned closer and touched it. When she did it flickered and tried to lick her fingers with a little tongue of flame.

It flickered again as Lela jumped back and words suddenly appeared in its flames, one word at a time.

"Go
To
Where
The
World
Ends
To
Find
Where
Another
Starts,
Go
To
Where
The
World
Falls
To
Pieces
To
Find
What
You
Seek"

Lela stared at the words for a moment before they flickered again and disappeared. She heard Ryuu behind her but she didn't look at him. Lela searched through her brain, the words were talking about a place that sounded familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She finally turned to see Ryuu gaping at the flames "How...?" was all he could get out. "It's the Phoenix charm necklace that Yu-chan usually wears, I wonder why it's here." She looked back at the flames and suddenly she could see a figure, then a room.

She looked closer and saw Yukira laying face down on the ground in what looked like a lab, a large machine sat in front of her and a metal board behind her.

The image starting zooming out, slowly at first then faster until Lela could see that the place Yukira was in wasn't too far from Lela's parents house.  Lela tried to look closer but suddenly the image flashed and disappeared, becoming nothing more than red flames.

Lela hopped up, ready to go find Yukira when Ryuu stopped her "What's got you so excited?"  "Did you not see?  In the fire?"  Ryuu looked at her like she was crazy, then looked at the fire "No I couldn't your giant head was in the way."  Ryuu joked as Lela hit him in the arm.

"Well, I know where Yu-chan is and we have to save her!"  Ryuu sighed and let himself be pulled out of the house and towards wherever but not before grabbing the phoenix necklace.  Lela raced towards her parents house but when she reached it, she ran right past it and into the woods behind it.

Lela kept running, Ryuu not far behind her and, little did they know, that a figure was watching them from the shadows.  Lela starting slowing down, not being able to run any farther but stumbled forward a few more paces to fall into a clearing where the building she needed sat.

Lela stared at it for a second as Ryuu collapsed beside her.  Lela managed to get a few words out in between pants "Yukira...in there...have to...save her..." Ryuu could only swallow his worries and nod, he decided not to ask about what would happen if Yukira wasn't there.

They both slowly got up and walked, cautiously, towards the nearest doors.  When they reached the doors Lela slowly opened one and snuck a glance in.  Seeing that the coast was clear she gestured for Ryuu to follow her and walked in.

At first she saw nothing but darkness from the lack of light in the building but her eyes quickly adapted.  She slowly walked in and saw that almost everything was made out of metal, mostly steel, which was good for her, the steel dragon slayer.

She chose to stay close to the steel in case something happened.  Suddenly she heard a hiss of pain and turned to see Ryuu holding his knee and his face was scrunched up in pain "Ouch~" Lela glared "Be quiet you dimwit!" She whisper yelled.

Lela looked back forward and saw a door leading to another room.  It revealed little else but a large machine that looked circular.  She crept in and saw Yukira on the floor, her pink hair spread out everywhere.

Lela hurried over and kneeled next to Yukira as Ryuu looked closer at the machine.  Lela tried shaking Yukira "Yu-chan, wake up!  You have to wake up!"  She shook her again and sighed as she got no response.

Ryuu moved over to a table where he saw several chemicals that were bubbling.  He saw that they were wisely labeled and saw one called "Wakebloom".  He picked up the purple liquid that seemed calmer than the others. 

He'd heard about Wakebloom before and it did just as the name said, it would wake any unconscious person with just a small whiff.  He carried the potion over to Yukira and decided to test their luck, hoping that the potion would wake Yukira.

He kneeled down next to Lela who eyed the potion warily "What's that?"  Lela asked as Ryuu put the potion under Yukira's nose.  He took the potion away for a few seconds then looked at Lela and answered "Wakebloom, it can wake anyone with just a whiff."

Lela nodded then muttered under her breath "That might be a good prank against my brother."  Ryuu shook his head when he heard what Lela had said then put the potion back under Yukira's nose, again hoping she would wake up.

Yukira suddenly sneezed and slapped Ryuu's hand away from her.  She sneezed again "Geez, what in the world is that?!"  She almost yelled, covering her nose with her hand.  She then looked around and sighed "I'm here, that wasn't all a dream."

She sighed again then looked at her friends "Le-chan, do you know any place that the world ends or crumbles?" Yukira asked nervously then looked away "You saw the riddle too?" Lela said, shocked.

Yukira gave her a confused look "Yeah, it showed up on the machine," she pointed to the circular machine next to them. "I saw it in some flames that your necklace was giving off," Lela said.

Yukira was confused for a second then groped at where her necklace would've been hanging but when she found it wasn't there she grew sad "My phoenix one?" Lela nodded as Ryuu started pulling something out of his pocket.

"Here, Yu, I picked this up before we left," Ryuu handed Yukira the necklace and helped her put it on, getting quite close to her. Lela giggled when she saw Yukira's small blush but stifled it.

Yukira smiled "Thanks, Ryuu-kun."  He just nodded and helped Yukira stand up.  Lela got up next to them and once again thought about the riddle "What place could the riddle be talking about?" She wondered aloud. 

Yukira shrugged "I'm not sure but it sounds familiar, I bet if we went to my house library then we could figure it out."  Ryuu and Lela nodded and all three left the building, heading towards Yukira's house.

That took waaaaaaay too long to write, gomen, I hope you enjoyed and arigato for reading!