「Ch. X | Our Secret」

Next chapter of 2nd Generation! Chapter 10 omg...I hope you enjoy and arigato for reading! Yes I say that twice, once at the beginning and once at the end, I'm just very thankful!

Yukira picked her fifteenth book off the shelf and sighed as she opened it, trying to find a place that fit the description that the riddle gave them. She had red gale-force glasses on and she raced through book after book.

Lela sat behind her with a tall stack of books on the table. She wore blue gale-force glasses and put down the book she just finished. Lela sighed when she saw how much she still had to go.

Ryuu wandered through the library, not reading any book because they didn't have another pair of glasses. He was finding books for the two girls to read. He picked up another and added it to the pile in his arms. He walked back to the wooden table Lela sat at and set the book stack down.

They had been going like this for the past while when Lela let out a frustrated huff, getting impatient (a trait she got from her father, Gajeel). She got up and brushed her skirt off "I'll be right back guys, I just need a drink."

Yukira just nodded and gave a quick goodbye while Ryuu nodded. It was silent for a minute, the only noise being the flipping of pages and sound of books hitting each other softly. Ryuu glanced at Yukira as she bit her lip a little.

Ryuu had started to realise his crush on Yukira not too long ago and he could barely stand not telling her. He contemplated it as he walked around the library once again. Yukira sighed again as she put a book back and just as she was going to grab another Ryuu stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

Yukira glanced at him with a confused look on her face as Ryuu struggled to find a good reason for why he did that. "Um...sorry, I just thought you should take a break too." Yukira was about to say something but decided against it and sat where Lela had been not too long ago.

Ryuu kept looking at titles but he wasn't really paying attention, he was too distracted by Yukira. He remembered a few weeks ago when he had heard her and Lela talking about who their dream guys would be.

He also remembered Lela mentioning that Yukira's dream guy sounded like him, though he doubted it. Ryuu knew Yukira would never like him and let out a sigh at the thought.

Yukira, a little desperate to make conversation, heard the sigh and said "What's wrong?" Ryuu hesitated before deciding to tell her "Lady problems, I like this girl but I'm sure she doesn't like me back."

Yukira was surprised to find herself saddened at the news, though she kind of knew why. "Well," she said, leaning back in her chair "there's only one way to know for sure." Ryuu turned and looked at her seriously for what seemed like a long time but was probably not even a minute.

Yukira found herself getting lost in Ryuu's bright blue eyes. They weren't just blue, she noticed, they had a little grey in them to, probably from his father, Laxus. She stared into his eyes with her onyx orbs but then awkwardly coughed and looked away.

Ryuu turned away and hesitated for another second before deciding that telling Yukira his feelings would be better than anything else. "Well...I'll tell you about her, she has pretty, onyx eyes," he risked a glance at Yukira but her face was expressionless.

"She also has long, soft hair that's..." he paused then said the key word, what would verify that it was Yukira he was talking about "pink, her hair's pink." Yukira stared at his back while Ryuu was determined to stare a hole in the books.

He pretended to check a title when he felt arms around him. He blushed and turned to see Yukira's head on his shoulder "You...like me?" She whispered, wanting him to confirm it. Ryuu gulped and nodded "I r-really like you, Yu."

She smiled a little and kissed his cheek "Glad to hear it." She backed away and remembered something her mother had told her along time ago.

-F⃒L⃒A⃒S⃒H⃒B⃒A⃒C⃒K⃒-

Seven year old Yukira walked into the kitchen on her still short legs. She saw her mother, Lucy Heartfilia, cooking dinner and leaned up on the counter next to her. She watched as her mother smiled into a bowl as she stirred something in it.

"Mom, what are you smiling about?" Her mother glanced at Yukira with loving eyes "I was thinking about the first time I met your father," she looking back into the bowl "and about all that led us to this moment." Yukira has always loved her parents love story, wishing she could have it herself though she probably never would.

Yukira sighed at the thought and her mother looked at her worriedly "What is it, sweetie?" "Mom, how did you know Dad was "the one"?" Lucy smiled at her daughter then stopped stirring and thought for a moment.

"When I looked at him, my heart sped up. When he looked at me, my heart went even faster. Every time he saved me and told me to watch out, be more careful, something along those lines, it made me feel special. When we first kissed it was bliss, and in that one moment I knew for sure that I would never be able to live without him."

Yukira stared at her mother after her speech making her mother become flustered at all she admitted. "For a shorter version, sweetie, your heart speeds up whenever you're around them and you have a feeling you can't live without them."

-R⃒E⃒A⃒L⃒I⃒T⃒Y⃒-

Ever since then, Yukira has been waiting for that to happen. When she grew feelings for Ryuu, feelings stronger than she had felt before, she thought that he was it.  Her was her "one" and she could be his.

Ryuu stared at her, shocked she was so normal about it.  It wasn't like he had just confessed to her, more like he had told her his favourite colour.  He turned towards her and stuttered "W-What do you m-mean glad t-to kn-ow?"

Yukira smiled "I like you to Ryuu-kun, wasn't that obvious?" She leaned forward to kiss his cheek. When she did she heard the snap of a camera and leaned back. She turned towards the sound to see Lela smirking victoriously.

She was holding a camera.  Yukira blushed a little "Did you catch a-all of that?" Lela shook her head "Only you confessing and the kiss on the cheek." Lela smiled down at her camera "This'll be worth a lot around our friends, I'm sure the lot of them would love to see this!"

Lela teased and Yukira puffed out a cheek in frustration "No! You can't do that!" Lela leaned forward and smirked "Watch me," she turned and ran as Yukira chased after her, determined to get the camera.

Ryuu just watched them, a hand on the cheek that Yukira had kissed twice. Yukira finally tackled Lela and grabbed the camera "No spreading this picture," she said as she deleted the picture. She looked at Lela "If you tell a soul I'm telling everyone who you like."

Lela blushed madly and crossed her arms over her small chest, she got that from her mother, Levy McGarden. "Fine, I'll stay quiet." Yukira laughed victoriously and turned towards Ryuu "Our secret is still safe."

That took a long time, sorry.  But it's out, enjoy it! *eats M&M* what? I like chocolate...omg I'm so weird, arigato for reading!