「Ch. XIII | Hidden Canyon」

I'll be skipping the rest of the train ride because I doubt many of you want to read another train chapter, just a quick summary is the ten kids were all preparing themselves, sharpening weapons and a little hand-to-hand combat practice, sorry if you wanted to read that but arigatou for reading still!

The intercom came on "Next stop, Hidden Canyon, move towards the exit in an orderly fashion please," the no-nonsense woman's voice said slowly and in a bored way. It must be tiring saying that same sentence, every stop, everyday.

Yukira slowly opened her eyes and realised she was laying on someone's shoulder. She looked up and saw the bright blue eyes of Ryuu Dreyar. She quickly sat up straight and looked away, a blush creeping up on her cheeks. She heard Ryuu chuckle and put an arm around her waist "Glad you're awake, I didn't feel like waking you up."

She looked back at him "Why not?" she asked, her head titled slightly from curiosity. It was Ryuu's turn to blush and he looked away to try and hide it "You looked too cute while you were sleeping," Yukira blushed and wiped away a bit of drool on her chin, wow I'm attractive, she thought.

Ryuu stood up, making Yukira stand up with him because of his arm around her waist. She stumbled a little but Ryuu easily caught her. Yukira blushed again, surprised by Ryuu's sudden boldness and confidence. It was probably from his father, Laxus. Everyone stood up and started walking towards the exit in the empty train.

The sounds of the train moving across the tracks and their feet padding on the metal floor mixed together. Finally they reached the compartment that had the exit door in it's side. They sat down around the door as they waited for the train to stop. It was eerily quiet since they were the only people left on the train

Finally they heard and felt the train slowing down and heard over the static intercom "We have reached our destination, please wait until the train has come to a complete stop before you open the train door." The voice droned on tediously.

A minute later the train reached a complete stop and the train's whistle blew it's tune. Yukira stood up first and opened the door. When she did she saw a simple platform that was the minimalists version of a train station.

A platform with a bathroom and a booth for tickets though the place was deserted. Yukira stepped out far enough for her friends to follow her and looked around. Past the platform was a desert covered in mountains and large, unidentifiable bones.

Everyone looked around behind Yukira "Hey, Yu-chan," Lela stepped up next to her friend "How do we find a portal in this place?" She looked around again and turned as the train started up again, starting to roll out of the station.

The sun baked their backs while they stood. The wind blew in an eerie way, throwing Yukira's pink hair into her face. She put her hands up to hold her hair at the side of her face as she looked around again.

Then she turned towards her friends "We should get in some shade, then we can figure out a game plan." Everyone nodded and they started walking, in search of shelter.

Eventually they found a cave large enough to hold them in a mountain not far from the station. They all shuffled in and a few people laid down to rest. With the time change, while it was very late in Magnolia, it was almost sunset here and everyone was tired.

Yukira moved towards the centre of the cave where they had a small fire and a pile of rocks meant for someone to stand on. She climbed up on the rocks and put her hands on her hips while she waited for everyone's eyes to be on her.

Once she was sure she had everyone's attention, she began "It's obviously too late for us to do anything and we're all tired so we wouldn't do much anyway. So I propose that we sleep here then set off when we wake, sound like a plan?"

Everyone gave murmurs of approval and began to shift around as they prepared to sleep. "Wait!" a soft voice almost yelled. A girl with long blue hair hopped over and around people on the floor as she tried to reach the front.

Yukira looked at her "What is it, Alexia?" Alexia is Juvia and Gray's daughter, she had dark blue eyes and hair the same colour as Juvia's. She was usually quiet and shy but everyone knew she was super smart so people listened to her willingly.

Alexia reached the front, holding a suit the same colour as her hair and lacrima "I found this suit embedded in my lacrima, it has my name on the wrist. I also found a note that said the suits can help against heat."

She was talking mainly to Yukira but she had an audience "How?" Jayce said, he's Alexia's brother. Alexia turned to him "Magic, duh," then she turned back to Yukira "I think Mira put these in because she knew the climate here, we should wear them!"

Yukira thought about it for a moment "If they'll help, sure, we can use all the help we can get." She hopped down, barely missing the fire but it didn't mind her, she was the lava dragon slayer after all. She walked over to her pink lacrima and picked it up.

She turned to Alexia with it in her hands "How do we get them out?" Alexia walked over and pointed at a part of it "Put your finger there, it should shimmer and the outfit will appear." Yukira nodded and put her finger on the spot Alexia told her to.

Nothing happened for a minute then it started to glimmer, a little at first but it soon became blinding. Yukira looked away for a second and when she looked back a pink suit sat on her hand next to the crystal.

She looked around to see everyone else doing the same thing, getting their suits out of their lacrima. She put her suit down next to her stuff "Great find Alexia, these will be helpful."

Xx-A little after midnight-xX

Yukira sat at the entrance to the cave, looking out at the easily seen stars. She counted the constellations her mother taught her. She marvelled at how she could barely see the stars in some parts of Magnolia but here she could see every single one.

Yukira sighed and mumbled "Mother would love it here." "Yu?" She quickly turned and saw Ryuu in just a pair of pants he had. She turned back around to hide the blush on her face though in the dim lighting she doubted he could see her.

She felt Ryuu sit next to her and felt his arm around her shoulders "Are you sure you're okay, Yu? You've been a little distant ever since we left Magnolia." Yukira sighed and put her head on Ryuu's shoulder "I don't know I'm just so worried, you know?"

"I know how you feel, but you shouldn't stress yourself too much." Yukira nodded "I know, I just can't help it you know?" Ryuu nodded and they stayed quiet for a while. "You know I love you, right Yu?" Yukira nodded and snuggled into Ryuu's side as his arm slipped down to her waist.

They stared out at the stars together "I love you too, Ryuu." Ryuu turned to look at her then kissed her temple "Good," Yukira frowned, not expecting that answer "Huh?" "Because I will never let you go." He put his other hand to her chin and lifted it so she was looking at him.

Then he leaned forward and kissed her softly but it got a little more heated. When Yukira leaned back she was a little lost for breath. Ryuu smiled "Come on, Yu, let's go to bed." He stood up and held out a hand to her.

She got up next to him and they went back inside together so they could go to sleep.

I just realised that of all the ships I made in here not one has a ship name. Like IsaXCallum, RyuuXYukira and I put a small hint in there a few chapters ago of KamalaXRay, it's okay if you missed it, it was subtle. But I need ship names! Do any of you have any ideas, if you do please tell me and I'll dedicate the next chapter to you because you would be awesome.

Anyway, that's all minna, arigatou for reading!