Chapter 13: Unspoken Questions

The remaining of the week is, surprisingly, peaceful. Alex, based on my conclusions, most likely have given up on me after I've kicked him.

Serves him right for using me!

Thankfully, the annoying rumors have died down as everyone starts to focus on competing for the contests. On the bright side of the rainbow, it seems like Chase and I aren't going to win due to the amount of girls protesting about us "dating." Well, we aren't dating anyway, but Chase states that it's simply "enjoyable" to watch everyone argue about two little contests, which I fully agreed.

Tennis practice is all the same expect that the coaches are now getting stricter than before since the season starts next month, which is March. Chase is still responsible for teaching me, and I've been improving, slowly, but at least there's still some progress. I have to admit, I'm actually starting to like tennis.

On Saturday, Seth successfully asked Zoe to the dance, but with my help. He even requested for me to go to the dance too so Zoe wouldn't get suspicious about him liking her. If it's not because I wanted them two to date, I won't even have agreed. Dances, in my opinion, are boring; I'd much rather go to sleep on my soft and cozy bed. (Plus, I have no partner with me.)

Seth Carter, you owe me a lot.

This also means shopping, according to Zoe. Don't get me wrong, shopping can be fun; it's just that when you spend all of the money you have in your piggy bank just for a few clothes, it tends to leave me in a very bad mood. So, in one short summary, I tell Chase that we're going to have tennis practice Sunday instead of Saturday because of my dress shopping with Zoe.

Shopping Day turned out to be really exhausting due to the fact that we did "shopped till we dropped."

+ + +

-Sunday-

"You're getting a new haircut," my mom begins as she promptly removes my bed covers with force, "Today, so wake up before it's time for your tennis practice!"

Normally, it will take me an eternity just to be waken up by someone that's removing my covers, but since my mom just stated the second scariest thing a mother can say, I immediately sit up, "What?! No!"

There's no way that she's going to cut my precious long hair.

No way.

In response, my mom uses the common weapon every parents do.

Bribe.

"I'll buy you an iPhone 6."

My eyes shoot wide, "You're kidding, right?"

My mom, the woman that collects coupons of all sorts to save money, just agreed that she's going to buy me an iPhone in exchange for a haircut?

Not to mention that it's the newest model of it!

I think of asking her why she wants to cut my hair, but knowing my mom, she'll probably say it's because my hair's getting too long, so my hair's losing its nutrition.

Ugh, this is so hard to decide.

Phone or hair?

I'm sorry, hair, but it looks like phone is winning; don't worry, you'll grow back again.

"Okay, but who's cutting it? You or Dad?"

She smiles mischievously, and I feel a lurch in my stomach, "You're just going to wait and see. Now hurry up and brush your teeth. It's almost twelve!"