Chapter 25: True Feelings

-Chase-

Drunk people were all over the house, inside or outside -- from making out to dancing frantically randomly -- and for some reason, the loud music that was blasting my eardrums wasn't helping me at all. It was getting extremely irritating, and I wanted the music to cease already. I came here with Jaxson in the hopes that a huge party thrown by one of the richest kids in school would cheer me up of what had happened only a few days ago. Well, he was nowhere in sight, and thus I suspected that he'd probably already left with his girlfriend. Not that I blamed him; I practically forced him to come here while he was in the middle of a date.

I curled my fingers around yet another cup of the spiked drink that's stacked on the tables at the corner of the room; alcohol was supposed to help me forget about everything. Its purpose was to wash away the pain and hurt, to make me temporarily forget about what she told me just two days ago.

What had happened at the park wasn't really on my ready list. My plan had been to tell her everything, starting from when my mom abandoned me to where I confessed that I really like her. I didn't expect for her to push me away because I reminded her of him.

Of course, everyone I normally talk to was saying that I was doing the wrong thing, which was leaving her alone. They kept saying that I should just forget what she said and go right ahead and tell her that I really like her. But how could I do that when I know fully well that she didn't want to see me? If this really what she wants -- us not being friends -- then I'll just choose to listen to her.

I shook my head at my silliness when I thought back to when I had told Katelyn in confidence that I was going to ask Natalie out, thinking that she was going to say yes. How ironic was it that I thought this was all going to work out when it didn't?

Well, the good lucks Katelyn and everyone else gave me certainly didn't work out well.

The cup was now empty, and I reached for the table to grab another one (this had to be my eighth one; I can't even tell now) just as I threw the empty one in the corner of the space kitchen, accidentally hitting a couple who were intensely making out, not that they seemed to notice though. The drink finally seemed to help me a little, and I started laughing out loud for no apparent reason.

God, how drunk am I?

Out of nowhere, or somewhere, a girl suddenly appeared in front of me (revealing way too much skin that, might I add), smirking slyly at me and asked me to dance with her.

Maybe it was the fact that she had the same raven colored hair as Natalie or because of the color of her blue eyes, I found my arms snaked around her waist, and we were off dancing to the beat of the music. Somewhere after a few minutes, when she started to lean in to kiss me, was when my conscience finally decided to speak on its own.

Wake up.

She's not Natalie.

I grabbed the girl's shoulders and pushed her away to stop her before grunting to loud, "Respect yourself and wear more clothing next time."

Even in my very drunken state, I knew what I had to do. I don't care if this is too rushed or just foolish; I need to confide to her.

Today.

And if nothing works out, I'll just blame it on the alcohol.

+ + +

When being compared driving to Natalie's house to thinking of a proper way to confess, I'd choose the latter for the hardest thing to do.

Of course, driving while you're really drunk wasn't helping the situation either, but at least you had some sort of a guide for the direction you're going to.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a guide for confessing to someone that you like her.

If only people can read minds...

Blinking, I slapped my cheeks as a attempt to wake myself up as I ambled up the steps with some mild difficulties.

Now, now Chase, this is real life, not vampire world. You only get one shot.

Before I could think of my speech of what to say, I'd already rang the doorbell and the door opened with a very confused Natalie standing in the doorway in her Batman pajamas.

Since I still hadn't thought of what to say, I decided to say the first phrase that crossed to my mind.