Epilogue: New Decisions

-Two Months Later-

My junior year ended as peacefully as it could; I passed all of my exams with B's and some A's thanks to my friends, who all gave me some kind of hints of what to study for. Zoe announced to Seth and me shortly after school ended that she was going to our school next year so that we three mischievous Musketeers can finally all be together for our senior year; I'm actually really looking forward for that. Makenna was starting second grade, which according to her, was going to be "a very awesome year."

Now you're probably wondering about Chase.

Well, after he read the letter from Roxanne, his reaction was just to sit there and stare at airplanes, so I chose to stay with him after asking my parents if I could. We sat in silence that day because I figured he probably didn't want us to talk about it. And then his head just rested on my shoulder, but I didn't say anything about it even if him being that close to me made me blush like crazy.

Okay, I tried to say something after five minutes.

What stopped me that day was the fact that when I tried to nudge him, I realized that he was actually sleeping while his head was resting on my shoulder. Of course, that meant waking him up was not allowed because according to the unsaid rule of this generation, it is practically illegal to wake up someone while they're sleeping. He slept there for about an hour until the huge growl from my stomach woke him up, which is when he decided to take us to a fast food restaurant.

Ever since then, I had expected him to be mad or even disappointed at himself for his mistake, but the opposite happened: he was starting to act like himself, well almost like the boy I used to know. He never mentioned it out loud to me, but I knew that deep down, he wanted to see Roxanne even after she gave him that letter.

As for our relationship, we are still friends, and I know, I know, I should just go ahead and tell him how I feel about him, but truth is I'm scared. I've been convincing myself that I should just tell him and get over it, but whenever the chance gets to me, I back off or some thing goes in our way.

I am going to tell him, but it has to be the right time.

Things changed about a month ago when my parents announced to us that we were going down to the beach because my aunt was getting remarried. And get this: she's also friends with Roxanne, and my parents even told me that my aunt invited Roxanne and that she was coming for sure.

Since my aunt told me I was allowed to invite three more people, I, of course, invited Zoe, Seth, and Chase. The location was at the beach we used to go when we were little, so convincing Zoe and Seth to go wasn't hard. Chase, however, was rather hesitant.

He was actually planning to visit his college, which was only an hour away from our town, so that he can get used to the city there. It took quite a lot of convincing that also involved me trying to win a game of tennis from him in order for him to agree. I know, I could have just told him that Roxanne was going to be there too, but I wanted to surprise him.

My parents actually decided to arrive at the beach a week before the wedding began, not that I was complaining. There was the sun and the water waiting for me. Zoe and Seth arrived the next day we got there, and the three us of got to play around the water park near there. Everything was normal for a few days until Chase arrived three days after I got there.

That's when things got weird.

Zoe, Seth, and him would start hanging out, and whenever I show up in their group, they would immediately stop talking and then give me the look like I was a murderer, which meant that they are definitely hiding something from me.