Chapter 14

A.N.: I hope you wont hate me after this. Thank  you for all the feedback lately, I hope you still like this story :) I love every single reader, I can't believe this is even getting notes? Oh well, after today maybe not anymore... ;) Enjoy! 

*

At half past eleven in the evening, Harry was playing games on his phone, trying to kill time and waiting for Niall to text him. He didn’t need to cover his phone up by his sheets to prevent the light for waking up his roommates, because they weren’t even there in the first place. Louis and Liam hadn’t bothered to show their faces once, disappearing completely without any trace to find them.

This was perfect timing. Just when Harry had started to believe that he’d imagined the odd behaviour of his roommates, Louis in particular, the two of them decided to vanish, leaving Harry in an empty room without any clue as of why they weren’t there too.

He sighed while cutting another virtual banana in two. He got a bit bored by “Fruit Ninja” so he wanted to play something else. Harry had just turned the game off, wanting to start “Angry Birds”, as he finally got a text from Niall saying that yes, Zayn had left his room again and demanding Harry to ‘hurry the fuck up if he wanted to stick to their plan’.

Although he tried to silently open the door, it still made a croaking noise, sounding a hundred times louder in the quiet night, than it would have at day time. Harry peered through the hall way, his eyes already used to the lack of light, and when he didn’t find any signs of a teacher or concierge guarding the hall, he tiptoed to Niall’s room.

Halfway on his way, a hand ticked him on his back, startling him so he almost cried out of utter surprise. Badly hoping that he wasn’t busted by a teacher he cautiously turned around. He was astonished by the sight in front of him. A girl of his age was standing in front of him, her blond hair in a messy bun and her training pants loosely on her hips. Harry vaguely recognized the girl from his English class last year, Carrie or Perrie or something, she was called. But what was she doing in the hallway of the boy’s dorms?

With adrenaline still pumping through his veins, Harry whispered loudly, “What are you doing here?”

He didn’t get any answer. The silence frightened him even more, making him bite his lip so hard he tasted the iron flavour of his own blood.

The girl, who had had her gaze set on nothing before, looking the whole time at an empty space behind Harry, suddenly looked him straight in the eyes. Her eyes, well or Harry was once again imagining things or they were really all white, lacking any sort of pupil.

She opened her mouth and spoke with a clear, but monotone voice. “At full moons things change, danger that was hidden underneath gets revealed. The night doesn’t hide, it shows instead. If you want to live, stay safe and don’t leave.”

Her voice hadn’t sound like Harry remembered it to be. It was too low and had some sort of echo. Completely confused by her cryptic words, Harry bewildered took a step in her direction buzzing a bunch of questions, hoping for clearance.

“What are you talking about? What do you mean things change and what gets revealed? And why do you think I would leave?”

He didn’t get any questions however as the girl just repeated her last words, “If you want to live, stay safe and don’t leave.”

She then swiftly turned around making her way back to the girls’ dorm rooms of this mixed boarding school. A little bit in shock Harry stood still. Wondering why the girl’s appearance had startled him that much, he came to the conclusion that the whole time she had been looking Harry in the eyes, she hadn’t blinked once. She must have been sleepwalking.