Chapter 31

A couple of hours later

*

"Curly, please relax. It's over, everyone's safe. You can stop worrying now!"

Almost the entire school building was vacant, only a few students and even fewer teachers staying there for the holidays. It made a perfect opportunity for Harry and Louis to sneak out, go on adventures like climbing on the roof again or sleeping in the woods for a night. So, normally they'd do that, but... with all that had happened lately, they felt like they'd had enough adventure for the time being. At that moment, they just anted calmness, a cuddle in a safety. That was why they were already lying in bed at 8 PM on the first day of Christmas break.

"I know I should," Harry breathed in Louis' neck, at the same time pulling him closer, "I just can't stop thinking of Niall. I worry 'bout him."

"Don't," Louis responded in a whisper, treading his fingers through the younger lad's mop of curls, "He'll survive the transformation, I'm sure of it. I could smell his body already changing and right now, Liam is taking good care of him. He'll be okay."

"His life's gonna be so different. He'll only be able to see his family for another five years maximum, because of his lack of agein, and he'll have to learn handle his blood thirst as well!" Harry's voice got a slight hysterical edge again, his concern trickling down into his words.

"Those are worries for later, love. Liam and I, we'll definitely help him, we have experience with it, so he won't go through all that all by himself. Just  be thankful we could save him, that he'll live, even though he'll live as an undead."

"I am," Harry spoke up determined, "I definitely am!" He was silent for a bit before asking with a small voice, "Do... Do you think Zayn meant it when he said he preferred Niall being death than a parasite?"

"Of course not," Louis immediately comforted him, voice steady and sure, "He was just afraid and fear makes us say stuff we don't mean. He's convinced that transforming one into a vampire will wipe away one's personality and turn them into a monster. He's a werewolf, how could he not hate our kind? The moment he sees that Niall is almost the same as before, he'll turn by. I'm sure of it."

Harry felt the sudden urge to peck Louis on the lips so he did just that, "Okay, that does make some sense, I guess. Thanks, Lou," he smiled.

"You're very welcome, Curly."

Louis closed his eyes, pulling Harry even closer, their legs tangling together. They lied like that for a while, breathing together, chests lifting and going down simultaneously.

"Is there something else, Curly?"

"No..." Harry hesitated, "Why would there be?"

Louis let out a small chuckle, opening his eyes again so he could look fondly at his curly haired boy.

"You know I can literally smell the nerves, the stress in your blood, right?"

"Oh, yeah," Harry blushed, "It's just... You don't age, right?" For some reason did his heart start pounding louder, blood rushing through his veins. It was all Louis could concentrate on.

"That's right. What about it?"

His question got ignored, "And, well, I do age?"

"Yes, that's right again. You're very sharp today, Curly."

Harry slapped him on the thigh playfully for his ironic answer, "How is this…," he made a hand gesture, pointing at Louis and himself, "…going to work? You said we're Blood mates, but we cannot be together. One day I'll be eighty and you'll still look eighteen. Bloody hell, Lou! Doesn't that bother you?"