Chapter 3

A.N.: Here it is, chapter 3!  I'll probably update once a week from now on. I hope you enjoy :) And I don't know if i'll make a side pairing, so if you want, you can comment wich one. Ziam, Niam, or Nosh... Keep calm and drink tea! :D

*************************

The two blokes in front of Harry didn’t make any attempt at taking his hand, so he let it fall back down. An awkward silence struck the room.

The curly haired boy couldn’t help but thinking there was something different about these guys. Something he couldn’t really put his finger on. Yes, they were both absolutely gorgeous. And yes, they both had the brightest eyes he’d ever seen. Those of the first one were a warm shade of brown, the irises of the second one more a sparkling cerulean. But their appearance didn’t happen to be what made them stand out. It was the vibe they gave off.

Already with their first step in the room, Harry had felt the atmosphere change. An air of mystery surrounded them and caused shivers running down his back.

At the moment the guy with the brightest eyes was looking at Harry. No, it felt more like looking through him. His eyes were pointing at Harry’s in way that it seemed like they were exposing his soul, reading every thought that dared to reach the surface. When Harry started to look back in the deep pools, he got lost. The swirling mass of different shades of blue almost suffocated him. His thoughts became incoherent, only including the wonderful gemstonelike eyes in front of him.

The illusion had broken the moment the other guy hissed at the lad with the beautiful eyes, causing him to blink. The two blokes then started a fierce conversation. Both discussing too quiet and fast for Harry to completely understand.

"Never going to work out, Louis I- "

"Lou, he’ll notice and- "

"-Not like we can kick’m off or- "

" –‘bout his health too, you- "

From the flashes Harry could hear, he grasped that he himself was the subject of their conversation. Were they talking about him, when he stood right in front of them?

The blue eyed lad ended their banter with a last sentence, proclaiming it a bit louder than his previous talking.

"We’ll make it work, alright?"

He then turned again towards Harry and lifted both corners of his lips in a beaming smile, "Sorry Curly. My name’s Louis, Louis Tomlinson, and this freak next to me is Liam."

 Liam had been glaring at Louis the whole time, not even giving a glance at Harry, until Louis had mentioned him. He then gave Harry a small smile, but immediately started unpacking afterwards.

"Nice to meet you –wait, Curly?" Harry lifted his right eyebrow confusedly. Had he misunderstood Louis, or had the guy really already given him a nickname?

Louis chuckled and moved forward in Harry’s direction to ruffle his curls, "Yeah, Curly. It fits. Your hair is quite interesting. That huge mob of curls probably hides a lot of secrets."

After throwing a wink at Harry to let him know he was joking, Louis unzipped his bag and revealed a docking station, "Does someone mind if I turn on some music? Harry?"

"No, no," He gestured him to continue, "actually I was going to head to dinner with my friends, so do whatever. I’ll see you later"

Harry quickly put a jacket on and left the room. While closing the door he heard a last ‘Bon appetite!’ from Louis.

*************************

"Bon appetite!"

Louis turned the music up and started to sing along.

Oh you gotta fire and it's burnin' in the rain.
Thought that it went out, but it's burnin' just the same.
And you don't look back, not for anything.
'Cause you love someone, love them all the same
If you love someone, love them all the same

Oh I feel your heartbeat.’

"Come on Liam! I can’t hear you?"

He turned the volume back down confused as why Liam ignored him.

"What’s wrong? Normally you always sing with me?"

Finally Liam gave Louis his attention, but not in the way Louis had hoped for.
Liam snapped his head up and had anger written all over his face, when he glared in Louis direction. The blue eyed boy now got even more confused as why his best friend was this mad at him, but he didn’t have to wait long for the answer.

"Wrong? Do- Do you really ask me what’s wrong?"  Liam practically growled, while stumbling over his words.

"Are you serious, Louis? Haven’t you been here the last ten minutes? There’s a guy settled in our bedroom, obligated to stay here for the whole year."

He stood up and begun to approach the blue eyed lad, with clenched fists trembling next to his sides. He was fuming, almost like with steam coming out of his ears.

"And like I’ve told you not even a minute ago, we, if you remember Louis, are fucking vampires. It will not only be frustrating as hell that we can’t even be our self in our own room, because he can’t find out. But it will also be dangerous for him, if you won’t be able to control for one moment."

Liam’s face was now only inches away of Louis’s, so he whispered the following words, still with notable fury.

"And you. you want me to sing along with some lame song written by a dumb-ass band, while we should actually be discussing these important, even vital matters? Bloody hell, Louis!"

His eyes, almost turned black out of anger, kept pointing directly at Louis’ during his rage. To anyone else Liam wouldve looked terrifying, but fortunately the blue eyed vampire knew how to deal with him. The whole time Louis hadn’t even flinched, keeping up a masterly poker face. After Liam had eventually ended his verbal attack, the smaller boy placed his hand on the other lad’s chest in a soothing way.

"Li, have you finally finished and calmed down a bit so I can tell you my side of the story, or will you start yelling again?" He replied.

"It depends on what you’re going to say, I guess, " Liam replied defiantly. His facial expression softened a bit, but he kept his position right in front of his friend intact.

"Alright, Liam, I completely understand your concerns, but seriously, there is nothing to worry about!
It’s true, we will have to be a bit more careful in how we act and what we say, but if we try hard enough, he’ll never know our secret. And about his safety, We’ve been creatures of the night for more than 2 centuries. I don’t know about you, but I manage to refrain myself pretty well. If we feed enough, those few extra hours with human contact won’t make any difference. So please, calm the fuck down, your worries will only cause trouble."

The brown eyed lad took a step back His demeanor was now less hostile and confident. His eyes that still hinted at confuse, were aimed towards the floor.

"I guess you might be a little bit right. I may have exaggerated just a bit."

"Speaking about understatements," Louis grinned. "But it’s okay, man, we all have our moments of weakness."

He then patted the other lad a few times on the back, "Oh, and is it me, or is our new room buddy smokin’ hot?"

 Liam could only roll his eyes at that.