Chapter 21

*

He didn't know anywhere else to go. His own room certainly not an option and trying to find Zayn too difficult.

who knew where that lad took off all the time, neglecting their friendship. Hell, he didn't remember the last time they had had a serious talk, a conversation that lasted longer than five minutes.  

So no, not Zayn. But although the raven haired boy was not an option, he really needed someone at the moment. Someone to talk to, some kind of affection that could hopefully dull the fresh cut in his heart, take away some of its flaming pain that burned in his chest. He needed a friend. So he decided to take a turn to the left and headed towards Harry's dorm.

Niall rubbed his eyes, whiping the still warm tears away, scowling at himself for being such a crybaby. He knew that his friends thought it was a good thing to carry your heart on your sleeve. That there's nothing wrong with showing your emotion, that its even brave that you dont have to hide behind a mask as a coward. But currently Niall thought it was just a sign of weakness. A reminder that, once again, he wasn't good enough. Not that it still came as a surprise.

As he arrived at Harry's dorm, he rubbed his eyes for one more time. If he couldn't take the redness away, there surely couldn't be any tears left behind. No, he tried to avoid being seen crying, even if it was his best friend that saw him.

Niall took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

...

No answer.

"Haz... Harry, are you there? I... I need to talk to you."

And although he had been prepared, had tried to let his voice sound as steady as possible, it still came out rather quiet and decided to tremble as he reached tge end of the sentence.

Still no answer or sounds from inside the room.

Maybe he was sleeping already? Or maybe wearing headphones?

Niall decided to try and get in. The door wasn't locked, so he could easily bend the handle and peaked inside.

"Haz?"

He didn't see much of the room so he just decided to get in. The blond was met with an unexpected sight.

"Uhm," A brown haired boy sitting on one of the beds, book opened in his lap, said, "Harry's not here. I think he went out with Louis, if you know him."

"Oh," Niall mumbled as he stood awkwardly in the doorhold. His eyes started to water again. How pathetic. Even Harry wasn't there for him. He too didn't need him anymore, having already managed to replace him by Louis.

Suddenly anger started to boil inside of him, because how dared Harry to forget about him already. God, he was just a child who had averted all its attention to a new, shiny toy.

"Do I need to take a message for when he comes back?" The brown eyed boy in front of him interrupted Niall's inner trail of raging thoughts.

"No... No, Its okay. I'll just come back later," Niall spoke up after awhile, "That is, if he ever makes time for me," he added, mumbling barely aloud to himself.

But he didn't make any signs if leaving the room, blinking frantically as he tried to keep his floods shut. After all there was a rather attractive lad in front of him, Niall wouldn't like it that his first impression of him would be him crying as a baby.

So he just stood there for another moment, mauling over his decisions in life and doing whatever it took to not blatantly stare at the stranger.

"Are you okay?"