Chapter 25 (A)

Harry's phone said it was 19:52:27. It meant that if Louis wanted to be on time for their date, he had to get there at that very moment and had to get ready in between eight minutes and, currently, fifteen seconds. Fourteen. Thirteen.

Harry played with the hem of his blazer, letting an irritated huff. He knew Louis had the tendency to be late a lot, but he surely wouldn't do that to Harry? Not for their real first date? The boy actually hadn't seen a trace of Louis since his gracious departure at lunch, seeming as if he had disappeared once again. Something the vampire had liked to do a lot only a little while ago.

Had Louis found another priority that had made him forget about Harry? Had he found another occupation that needed him, something apparently much more important than the date that even he himself had planned? Harry could only guess, but the time kept going by without any sign of the lovely vampire.

Only three minutes to go until the clock stroke twelve and Harry had decided to just give up. Louis had clearly forgotten all about him, so there wasn't a single reason why he shouldn't change into his PJ's to watch romcom's and eat Snicker bars. Just when he had shrugged his blazer off, he heard someone knocking on their door. As he didn’t know anyone else that would knock on his door, he assumed it was one of his best friends. They had probably forgotten Harry’s mention of a date and were bored, wanting to hang out. Oh Well, why not? Harry surely could need a Niall or Zayn to vent to right now!

"I'm coming," he groaned, putting his jacket on again and made his way over to the door. There, he was met by a surprising, but also very appealing sight.

In front of him stood none other than Louis Tomlinson, dressed in black trousers, a button-up and, were that braces? His hair modeled into a little quiff, making his eyes stand more out, the blue more intoxicating. Over-all his appearance was just breath-taking.

"Good evening, my dear Harold. I would love for your presence to accompany me on a lovely stroll at twilight."

"Uhm, I, Harold?" Harry uttered, goofy smile playing on his lips. How did Louis manage to get ready, all of his clothes were in his dorm? And why was he talking like a 100 year old bachelor?

"Yes, Harold," Louis repeated, eyes dazzling with mischief but his face not showing anything but a serious expression, "I would like to court you by taking you on a date, please."

Harry fully beamed now, dimples popping his cheeks, "What's with the old-fashioned crap?"

Louis rolled his eyes, letting his facade fall off, "Here I was trying to be romantic and shit, because I foundd dating in the 19th century much more romantic than nowadays, and you just make fun of me!" he cried fake-scandalized, his hand laid over his heart.

"Please excuse me, my fair maiden," Harry bowed, playing along, "let me accept this invitation and accept your invitation of a nice stroll." He extended his arm for Louis to take.

"Oi, last time I checked you were the girl as I was taking you on a date!" But he still draped his hand over Harry's elbow, accepting the gesture.

"So, what did you have in mind for our lovely date, my dear Louise?" Harry grinned.

Louis decided to just fight fire with fire, "Why don't you just wait, lovely Harriet. You haven't seen nothing yet."

And they took off, making even more fun of each other.

*

Harry was comfortable, cuddled together with Louis into a huge blanket watching the stars dazzling and twinkle high above them. They were shining a happy yellow hue, bright flashes in the night sky, a perfect metaphor for Harry’s own mood. The date was going better than he could have imagined it.